Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:14 PM

Re: Roger Whittaker - Durham Town

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
If he wanted to sit on the banks of the Tyne he would need to get his arse on the Virgin East Coast Train and travel about 15 minutes North, free wifi and a catering service would be provided and no booking fee!
Not sure what he'd have done with free wi-fi in 1969.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Not sure what he'd have done with free wi-fi in 1969.
Hmmm fair point, not sure Virgin had the franchise then as well....well Virgin would not have existed then
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:53 PM

He could just have moved to Bishop Auckland...
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 02:12 PM

He could just have moved to Bishop Auckland...
yes! East coast line to Darlington and change there, I ended up in Bishop Auckland a couple of weeks ago as I got on the wrong train...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:22 PM

See your view of the North East seems to depend on, if you are a Chris Rea, or an Ant and Dec sort of person, wey aye man.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
See your view of the North East seems to depend on, if you are a Chris Rea, or an Ant and Dec sort of person, wey aye man.
Chris Rea for me - not a huge fan but he did record some good tunes.
DWebb
North East, UK

17-11-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Well you see they come from different parts of the North, Ant and Dec are from Newcastle and Chris Rea is from Middlesbrough which tends to be be a more dour place than Newcastle and more run down and Industrial, having said all that I still like the Earthy and dour nature of Middlesbrough, the gloomy smoke laden skies, love it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-11-2017, 03:49 PM

I didn't know Chris Rea was from Middlesborough. It's a part of England I'm not familiar with but I have been to Newcastle and Durham. I understand the rural bits of the NE are beautiful.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 03:59 PM

My mother came from West Auckland.
DWebb
North East, UK

18-11-2017, 12:08 PM

I didn't know Chris Rea was from Middlesborough. It's a part of England I'm not familiar with but I have been to Newcastle and Durham. I understand the rural bits of the NE are beautiful.
Yes there is lots of beautiful scenery up North, especially Northumberland, actually once you get out of Middlesbrough the scenery is really nice, there are also some stunning castles up here as well.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top