Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:55 PM

Re: How To Cook The Perfect Poached Egg.

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It was one of the psychoanalytical word association things Mags.
Someone says poached.
Someone thinks poacher
Next one says pheasant.
.... and I say off topic
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:00 PM

Bad bad Morty hey?

With a hazelnut in every bite.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:08 PM

Shropshiregirl, I tried your method just as a way of comparing it to my method, which is the traditional method. The cling wrap broke open in the hot water and the egg leaked out. hmm. perhaps lowering the water temp might work ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I have always used fresh eggs for poaching, they don't fall apart so easily.
Unfortuntely, they still manage to do with me Purwell! I live in the country and have a dozen fresh eggs from the farm every week. i guess its just a case of me and poached eggs.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Make it up as you go along don't you.
Nobody eats pheasants when they are blown with maggots.
Purwell, that remark is completely uncalled for. I don't have to resort to making things up, thank you. I am telling you as it was. the pheasants hanging up in his outhouse had maggots on them.
If you cannot make a post without your customary rude and cutting remarks towards my posts, please kindly shut up and keep quiet!.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Not sure what all this talk about pheasants has to do with the original posted recipe "How To Cook The Perfect Poached Egg."
Nothing at all to do with it,thank you teacher, I shall not bother to post in future.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Bad hair day Purry?
Chill ... relax.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:54 PM

I normally boil the water in a saucepan, whirl it around, drop a slash of vinegar in it, then crack your egg into the water.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-07-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Shropshiregirl, I tried your method just as a way of comparing it to my method, which is the traditional method. The cling wrap broke open in the hot water and the egg leaked out. hmm. perhaps lowering the water temp might work ?
Sorry to hear that bakerman. When I did them on Thursday morning I put two eggs into gently just gently boiling water for 4 minutes and they came out lovely.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Hi

I shall try it next time I poach a pheasant egg.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top