Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 06:44 PM

Re: Going Retro with Windows

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't get it. I record directly on to the minidisc recorder.
Yes my daughter did it like that. But I got software with mine. So connected it to the PC via a usb lead. Thatís the only way Iíve known how to do it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Yes my daughter did it like that. But I got software with mine. So connected it to the PC via a usb lead. Thatís the only way Iíve known how to do it.
Ah. I'm afraid I have no software.
I just plug it into my amplifier and record from my CD player or record deck. I also have a microphone which I could use in the same way.
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:01 AM

Ok. Windows XP Pro is up and running on my desktop PC. And I canít believe the difference, compared with Windows 10. It has a so much more positive, smooth feeling about it, and I have so much more control over the entire pc running system.
I havenít connected it to the internet as yet as the motherboard doesnít have built in WiFi. I have a WiFi usb dongle which connected automatically with 10 but apparently needs drivers for XP. So I will temporarily have to trail a LAN cable from the router until I get it sorted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Ok. Windows XP Pro is up and running on my desktop PC. And I canít believe the difference, compared with Windows 10. It has a so much more positive, smooth feeling about it, and I have so much more control over the entire pc running system.
Exactly. Windows XP, and Windows 7, were the best versions in my opinion.

I cannot understand why companies like Microsoft keep creating 'upgraded' software, when there is no apparent improvement - other than to raise profits, of course.

I wish they'd just leave things alone.
FridgeMagnet

01-09-2018, 11:57 AM

Ok. Having problems connecting to the internet. With the same hardware (motherboard etc) with Windows 10 I connected automatically with a usb WiFi dongle. But with XP, it wonít connect. Not even with a LAN cable direct from the router. It says itís connected, at a respectable speed. But no signal is getting in or out. Frustrating!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-09-2018, 12:02 PM

I have just received information that yet another major Windows 10 is coming along in October.

I am preparing myself for the inevitable upset of my system and have set aside a couple of days for the 'putting it all back together' process.

Oh, if only Microsoft had had the foresight to please their customers by making their 'updates' optional.
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top