Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: Flu Jabs

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Still, I've had countless x-rays and another PET scan before and I worry about all the radiation I've been exposed to up until now. Maybe that's why I have cancer.

"To wonder is to begin to understand"

Jose Ortega
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:19 AM

How have you been feeling after your flu jab this year ? Several of my friends have said they have felt ill after having it. One in particular didn't recover.
May of been a coincidence of course.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
How have you been feeling after your flu jab this year ? Several of my friends have said they have felt ill after having it. One in particular didn't recover.
May of been a coincidence of course.
I and everybody I know that had the jab are feeling fine. Why do people always blame the flu jab for feeling ill, it doesn't protect you from all illness.....and you may have caught those even if you hadn't had the jab?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Arm was a bit stiff for a couple of hours but apart from that no problem at all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I and everybody I know that had the jab are feeling fine. Why do people always blame the flu jab for feeling ill, it doesn't protect you from all illness.....and you may have caught those even in you hadn't had the jab?
Everyone I know has been fine too Twink in fact many of us didn't have the usual red itchy arm.
I belong to a support group for people with heart conditions so I am talking about a lot of people.

Unfortunately, many people don't realise the vaccination takes some days to become effective and if they are already incubating an infection, or catch one in that time it is often attributed to the vaccination.
There are a lot of respiratory tract infections around at the moment too, some of my grandchildren have one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Mr Mags and I have been absolutely fine with our flu jab, as has our son who has asthma. Also everyone I know has been fine with theirs too.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
Several of my friends have said they have felt ill after having it. One in particular didn't recover. May of been a coincidence of course.
Absolutely no coincidence Dave. It is imho well established that people having the flu vaccine will see their iimune systems compromised for a while and in that period will be far more susceptible to illnesses, bugs and virus around them.

It happens for 2 reasons imo:

1) Because the vaccines are often a cocktail of toxic ingredients (like Squalene and formaldehyde etc)

2) Because the vaccine spurs the body into activity to generate antibodies thus using the immune system's natural resources leaving you weaker.

Originally Posted by Twink55
I and everybody I know that had the jab are feeling fine.
That demonstrates admirably why our personal annecdotal experiences are of little merit. When you look at real numbers taken from proper large samples of vaccinated people then it becomes clear that ILI's (Influenza Like Illnesses) are very common in people who have has a flu shot. Of course the vaccine doesn't protect against ILI's and as stated above weaken's people's defenses for a period of time.

In terms of my own annecdotal experiences just about everyone I talk to who is suffering actual flu or an ILI is someone that DID have a flu shot.

Obviously I don't personally have flu shots and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Originally Posted by Twink55
Why do people always blame the flu jab for feeling ill, it doesn't protect you from all illness.....and you may have caught those even if you hadn't had the jab?
They blame the flu jab because they invariably get an ILI shortly after having the shot and the reason for that is the shot weakened their immune response. There IS most definitely a correllation there and it is born out by the statistics. No point going into that data here though, as this is just a casual chat thread.

I'm personally very happy to have studied all the available data and realised that the flu vaccine is pretty much a useless waste of time and can actually make people much worse off. So for me personally, there is absolutely no point having it.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top