Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 03:08 PM

help with your photography here!

if you need help with your photography maybe one of us can guide you to taking better photos, not necessarily me.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 03:15 PM

Re: help with your photography here!

Thank you realspeed, camera shake is my main problem.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 03:22 PM

Look rubbish.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Thank you realspeed, camera shake is my main problem.

This is not an uncommon problem but easily solved. It is all a question of how you support your camera.
The general method is to keep arms to the side and feet slightly apart.
That is not much help so there are alternatives such as using a tripod or monopod, but who want to lug around long poles? not me.
so what about a bean bag to rest you camera on?
Here is mine

you could make your own to suit your camera size.

This is light portable and easy to carry

Make sure the outer material is strong so it won't tear if on a rough surface and the camera can sit on top and easily moved to get the picture correct and is protected from damage.

Hope this gives you an idea
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-09-2018, 05:51 PM

Sweetie pie

That photo you posted does have a few problems but I am here to help.

First thing is not to rush in taking a photo unless it is a fast moving subject.
Taking a photo like that gives plenty of time to think about what you are doing.
So lets start at the beginning, not a bad place to start from.

before taking a photo check your camera settings, if in doubt start off with auto and let the camera work out settings for you,that is the easiest way.

As the photo is what appears to be on the slant is down to not taking the photo square on to the picture. Taking is partly side on will always have that result.

remember as with That photo you posted the angle it is at one part may be in focus and not the rest as distance from the lens is important.

You don't say what camera you are using so here I have to guess it is down to one of two things
Either your camera and lens have a problem which I doubt or down to camera shake as I mentioned with the post for Cinderella or even the view finder is not set up for he sharpest viewing.

What i would suggest is trying the same shot with different camera angles and different settings. As i said without knowing what camera you have i can only give a general idea of how to solve your problem
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Sweetie pie

That photo you posted does have a few problems but I am here to help.

First thing is not to rush in taking a photo unless it is a fast moving subject.
Taking a photo like that gives plenty of time to think about what you are doing.
So lets start at the beginning, not a bad place to start from.

before taking a photo check your camera settings, if in doubt start off with auto and let the camera work out settings for you,that is the easiest way.

As the photo is what appears to be on the slant is down to not taking the photo square on to the picture. Taking is partly side on will always have that result.

remember as with That photo you posted the angle it is at one part may be in focus and not the rest as distance from the lens is important.

You don't say what camera you are using so here I have to guess it is down to one of two things
Either your camera and lens have a problem which I doubt or down to camera shake as I mentioned with the post for Cinderella or even the view finder is not set up for he sharpest viewing.

What i would suggest is trying the same shot with different camera angles and different settings. As i said without knowing what camera you have i can only give a general idea of how to solve your problem
I took it on my phone. It is hanging in my bathroom. I nearly fell in the bath.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 06:23 PM

Cameras nowadays have an inbuilt device to reduce the effects of camera shake: Vibration Reduction (Nikon) Image Stabilization (Canon) etc, so check you've got it switched on!

The beanbag is a good idea, another is bubblewrap.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Seldom get horizons straight and can't work out how to get my camera to take darker photos, they seem to come out light, which is why I don't put many in the competition now.
lets see if I can guide you tessa with your problem

Horizons also have been my trouble getting them right. You can get little spirit levels for the hotshoe on your camera if your camera has a hotshoe that is.( the part a flash gun slides into).
or something like this and stick it on your camera where it can easily be seen
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Double-Dual...8586952&chn=ps

that should initially correct and tilt until you get used to holding the camera properly

Ok now for the dark/light photo problem.

there are several causes

Te obvious one is shutter speed the faster the shutter works the less light going into the lens what i would do for a quick check is to use the camera in auto and see what the settings are, that should give you a rough idea.
However getting more tech, remember I don't know what camera you are using, The the ISO -Apeture and shutter speed relate to each other and any one can produce a lto lighter picture.
However here may be a solution to help

Think about getting a separate light meter, may cost a bit but will certainly help with this problem you have

I have this which should sort you out

video on you tube
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-09-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I took it on my phone. It is hanging in my bathroom. I nearly fell in the bath.
Ah I don't do phone cameras sorry , To be honest I don't consider them "proper" cameras such as a compact or DSLR.
which is only what I can talk about
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-09-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Cameras nowadays have an inbuilt device to reduce the effects of camera shake: Vibration Reduction (Nikon)
(Canon) etc, so check you've got it switched on!

The beanbag is a good idea, another is bubblewrap.
Dood good point but really I wanted this thread to help with peoples/members problems as per heading..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top