Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 05:00 AM

Re: This Forum Is Great But What Are Your Interests Outside Of It?

Surfing
Running
Oil Painting
Astronomy volunteer work
Stand-Up Paddle Boarding
Kayaking
Hiking
Sea Turtle Rescue
Entertaining the dogs
Animal rescue
Baking
Going to the symphony/theater/ballet
Taking free online courses from Stanford, etc
Reading books on science and history.
Meteorolgy

That said, I'm pretty sure that I spend 97.63% of my free time cleaning the house, though I can't say it's all that - interesting.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:40 AM

Im not good in clubs or groups so I doubt the U3 thing would be good for me...I have a pal though who is really into it she started taking dance lessons which she did so well at she now runs groups herself

My interests are mainly around property design and restoration ..I love taking something that looks ready for the knackers yard and making it nice again...it gives me a real buzz and it can be lucrative too....I've told this story before on here but I restored a table bought in a junk shop for £100 then after restoration recently valued at £1700.... I love it and will never sell it though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 09:16 AM

Cycling.
Walking.
Helping to look after a couple of allotments.
Going for a pint of beer (or two).
Depending on the weather, going for days out anywhere within striking distance.
Family related activities.
Chatting to the neighbours.
Going for medical appointments.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 09:29 AM

ermm I am an idiot and posted in the wrong thread
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 09:42 AM

There are lots of things I would like to do but don't seem to find the time. My house/garden /family/Chloe dog/daily walks/ forums/ cooking for the family seem to take up most of my time.

Someone I know belongs to 'The University of the third age' (U3A) and they have lots of active groups locally
https://u3asites.org.uk/worcester/groups and I almost joined the 'Mindfulness and meditation' group in May but the prospect of driving through the traffic in town every week was offputting and I thought it would probably negate any good the course might do .

The best thing for me about being retired is not having to 'commit ' to being anywhere at a certain time and that is particularly important these days as I don't always feel well so I guess I will continue to potter on my own at home
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 10:00 AM

I'm a home bird really, so gardening, making and fixing things, diy, walking the dogs, cooking and baking. I also play chess and scrabble online with people all over the world and love a good jigsaw in the winter months. I have tried painting, wood carving and learning a musical instrument in the past but unfortunately I don't appear to have an artistic bone in my body, must have been at the back of the queue when they dished out talent....
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
ermm I am an idiot and posted in the wrong thread
Saying nuffink

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm a home bird really, so gardening, making and fixing things, diy, walking the dogs, cooking and baking. I also play chess and scrabble online with people all over the world and love a good jigsaw in the winter months. I have tried painting, wood carving and learning a musical instrument in the past but unfortunately I don't appear to have an artistic bone in my body, must have been at the back of the queue when they dished out talent....
Mostly this ^^^^ except for the cooking and baking and online games. I too don't have any artistic talent but I'm more of an up doer than a sit and ponderer.

It's taken me a year to realise that now I'm retired I have tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow to get things done so I've started taking more time over the things I do which helps keep me occupied.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There are lots of things I would like to do but don't seem to find the time. My house/garden /family/Chloe dog/daily walks/ forums/ cooking for the family seem to take up most of my time.

Someone I know belongs to 'The University of the third age' (U3A) and they have lots of active groups locally
https://u3asites.org.uk/worcester/groups and I almost joined the 'Mindfulness and meditation' group in May but the prospect of driving through the traffic in town every week was offputting and I thought it would probably negate any good the course might do .

The best thing for me about being retired is not having to 'commit ' to being anywhere at a certain time and that is particularly important these days as I don't always feel well so I guess I will continue to potter on my own at home
Im same as this tbh..I enjoy puzzle games like online Mah Jong and Im also glad in not having to commit to being anywhere as I have health issues that often make it so I cant get the energy to be there. I like the as and when I can kind of life.
I definately find enough things to keep me occupied away from any forum also,I see the forum as an amusing way to spend a few minutes but its not the be all and end all by any stretch.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:25 AM

Going to car boot sales, fairs & markets, shopping. Bird watching, taking photo's, reading proper books, non electronic. Watching TV. Listening to the radio. I like mini breaks away, just come back from Weymouth.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 03:28 PM

Reading many of your posts makes me actually look forward to retiring (many more years to go yet) as you people have so many things that occupy your days and I think that is really commendable.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top