Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:17 AM

Re: Can You Ice Skate? Any Stories To Tell?

I can ice skate, i.ve even got my own white skates. I can skate backwards too! This stems from me attending Silver Blades skating rink in Bradford when I was a teenager. They used to clear the ice and play a game called British Bulldogs and also had a speed skating session which I used to join in. I haven't been for a long time so I might just get my skates in and take my great niece, thanks for the reminder Art!

They used to play Hawaii five o music for speed skating session lol

I have some brilliant memories of my skating days.

Funny thing is I could never roller skate, don't know why.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I can ice skate, i.ve even got my own white skates. I can skate backwards too! This stems from me attending Silver Blades skating rink in Bradford when I was a teenager. They used to clear the ice and play a game called British Bulldogs and also had a speed skating session which I used to join in. I haven't been for a long time so I might just get my skates in and take my great niece, thanks for the reminder Art!

I have some brilliant memories of my skating days.

Funny thing is I could never roller skate, don't know why.
LQ, Wow! l am really impressed!
It’s a shame you can’t go on ‘Dancing On Ice’!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, Wow! l am really impressed!
It’s a shame you can’t go on ‘Dancing On Ice’!
Lol I wouldn't want to show up the other contestants and I would definitely win,........haha only joking, I wasn't that good!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Lol I wouldn't want to show up the other contestants and I would definitely win,........haha only joking, I wasn't that good!
Have you still got your short skating dress?

LQ, Tell me, you know on Skating On Ice, where they wear those ?flesh coloured things above their ankles. Did skaters always wear them or are they just for the show? Are they for protection or just to make their legs look better?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

23-09-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Have you still got your short skating dress?

LQ, Tell me, you know on Skating On Ice, where they wear those ?flesh coloured things above their ankles. Did skaters always wear them or are they just for the show? Are they for protection or just to make their legs look better?
Sorry Art I have no idea, I will watch the thread and see if someone comes up with an answer
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:39 PM

Id love to be able to ice skate,when I was about 15 a workmate went ice skating & asked me along Somewhere my Dad got some boots, but they were too big for me & I had to pad them with paper.I felt ashamed against her lovey lwhite boots, she moved after a while & I didnt want to go alone
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:55 PM

Oh yes. Just look at me. I’m a real pro.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Oh yes. Just look at me. I’m a real pro.

Show off
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:58 PM

Yep! That’s ME!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

23-09-2018, 07:59 PM

Go Bratti, looks like you are having fun

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top