Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:57 PM

Re: Clothes Shopping

If I don't find anything in charity shops or eBay ( good for Lagenlook) I love Edinburgh Wool Mill for their Country Rose stuff, only when on sale though it's quite expensive.
Cotton Traders used to be good too but they've gone trendy, the clothes aren't as comfy casual as they used to be.
I like Sainsbury's, Tesco or Asda socks and knickers () and Peacocks thermals and bras, or I used to until they stopped stocking my favourite ones.
Primark are excellent but far to travel and exhausting!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:27 PM

I've got wardrobes full of nice clothes I never wear

These days I only bother with the practical stuff like tracky bottoms and hoodies. Mostly buy these in Tesco or online. My drawers I usually get from Tesco but my bras, there's only 1 type I wear and I have to get them online.

By the way, I hate, hate, hate shopping of any description, food, clothes or otherwise.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Where do you generally get yours from?
I like to try stuff on, so high street is usual for me
I especially like Dorothy Perkins
Wallis and Quiz but I don't mind getting basics from cheap n cheerful Primark too
Cotton tshirts for £3? Can't be bad!

I sometimes wonder in to vintage shops but it's usually unusual jackets and accessories I get from them if any thing

Shoes from Schuh or Office
Bit I sometimes order designer ones online too

Underwear, nearly always from Marks n Spencer's
I too like Dot Perkins, Quiz and Primark. I've been to all three shops today as it happens but was quite disappointed because in Dot Perkins and Quiz they had sales on but the stuff was crap. The new stuff in Quiz I didn't like at all but in the Summer I loved, loved, loved the clothes.

I bought some winter pyjamas for myself from Primark today only £8, I also bought my niece the same pyjamas and a long dressing gown at only £11, I've put them away for her Christmas Present, she loves her bedwear so I know she will be happy.

I used to get my shoes from a great shoe shop in my local town but like all the others, it shut down I buy them from Asda or Tesco now but for my Sketchers I buy them online (Sketchers are my favourite footwear)

I do like Marks & Sparks clothes too.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 05:14 AM

Enjoying looking at the websites over there; happily, many ship to the U.S.

Rhian, I forgot to mention that I shop Nordstrom for shoes online and Journelle for the top drawer .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:40 AM

I go to John Lewis as I find that they've got a good balance between designer brands and their own Kin range. I spent £100 on a Hacket jumper there recently, and then I bought a mustard coloured jumper from Debenhams for £30. I don't need anymore winter clothes now but was short of jumpers.

Also I'll shop for certain things at Debenhams, M & S or TKMaxx.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:26 AM

I buy most clothes online. Occasionally I go to a real shop and buy a few things on impulse. I like Seasalt at the moment for casual stuff. They had a lovely summer collection this year. I've bought some t shirts and things from Oasis too. They do some very pretty bits and pieces. Dresses from Great Plains and Phase eight. Shoes from Clarks for work or going out (always in the shop) or Australia Luxe for those shearling boots (only online). Hiking gear from Regatta. Always try to get clothes when on offer. Marks tend to sometimes have something amazing hiding in between all the strange designs.

It's a shame when shops suddenly change their design style and lose the plot. I used to love Monsoon until they went that way.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 08:55 AM

M & Co, Roman Originals, Klass & Matalan are where I get most of my clothes from but I also pick stuff up from other High St stores. I very rarely shop at M&S nowadays but I used to a lot.

Mostly Pavers for shoes.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 09:14 AM

I buy what I like and I'm not tied to particular shops or designers. Have to admit though I have bought a few items from the Karen Millen range recently...you probably know she has gone into liquidation so you can get some real bargains on her ranges right now...so it's affordable. I buy Ribkof too but only in the sale. On the high street I don't have shops I'm faithful to...I buy what I like from wherever

Take a look here for Millen bargains

www.karenmillen.com
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
M & Co, Roman Originals, Klass & Matalan are where I get most of my clothes from but I also pick stuff up from other High St stores. I very rarely shop at M&S nowadays but I used to a lot.

Mostly Pavers for shoes.
Oh, I forgot about Matalan, I shop there a lot, got all my holiday clothes from there. Pavers is where I get my Sketchers.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

23-09-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I buy what I like and I'm not tied to particular shops or designers. Have to admit though I have bought a few items from the Karen Millen range recently...you probably know she has gone into liquidation so you can get some real bargains on her ranges right now...so it's affordable. I buy Ribkof too but only in the sale. On the high street I don't have shops I'm faithful to...I buy what I like from wherever

Take a look here for Millen bargains

www.karenmillen.com
I didn't know Karen Millen had gone into liquidation. X

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top