Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 09:53 PM

Re: Are you proud to be British?

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
It is popular in terms of circulation, in the same manner that the Sun and Mirror used to be extremely popular. However that in no way implies quality, it successfully attracts people for whom more serious publications are just too difficult to comprehend. Just a step up from a comic really..
May I ask what newspaper you read?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How could you leave God's County (and especially Adel) for Spain?
Blimey ....I lived in Adel on Dunstan...don't tell me we were neighbours
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:32 AM

No Summer I did not live in Adel Although I had friends who lived on Holt Park I lived in Meanwood then out in Hambleton Nr Selby

To answer Purwel We abdicated to Spain for the weather nothing else as have a lot of our friends who lived in Eccup and Thorner ask Summer she'll tell you where they are
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Meaning what exactly, Lord Snooty?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

25-09-2018, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
No Summer I did not live in Adel Although I had friends who lived on Holt Park I lived in Meanwood then out in Hambleton Nr Selby

To answer Purwel We abdicated to Spain for the weather nothing else as have a lot of our friends who lived in Eccup and Thorner ask Summer she'll tell you where they are
Nice in Eccup a nice cattery there and a dog sanctuary you can go get a dog and take it for a walk....oh and a donkey sanctuary too a lovely place to live
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:42 AM

Newspapers???? Haven't Broadsheets got slightly slimmer, and Tabloids slightly larger.
Floydy, you'll recognise "who knows which is which, and who is who".
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

25-09-2018, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Newspapers???? Haven't Broadsheets got slightly slimmer, and Tabloids slightly larger.
Floydy, you'll recognise "who knows which is which, and who is who".
I worked for a Broadsheet for 11 years Spitty so I hope you're not suggesting I wouldn't know the difference

Sorry if we went off topic there folks
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:36 AM

Also like you JBR we are doing missionary work teaching Johnny Foreigner how wonderful Gods own county is
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Blimey ....I lived in Adel on Dunstan...don't tell me we were neighbours
No, I have never had the good fortune to live in Leeds, let alone Adel!

From Bradford I moved to Saudi Arabia, thence to Tamworth in Staffordshire and finally to Cheadle in Cheshire, just south of Manchester which, of course, is in Lancashire. Of course, things could have been far worse and I could have been sent to Londonistan!

As a missionary you see, I am obliged to carry the concept of civilisation to more primitive parts of the world. When my unstinting work is eventually done, I shall be free to return to God's County.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:04 AM

JBR, never knew you were an honorary "Sandy Back"!

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top