Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
beanybit
Birmingham
beanybit is female  beanybit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 08:06 PM

Re: Steam Mops

Plantman, I'm not sure which steam mop you borrowed, but I really recommend you guys getting one. It's sooooo much quicker than a mop and bucket. All that stooping and waiting for the water to dry - pah!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 10:25 AM

I had a good day in London yesterday. I was there because of this thread and a similar one I joined in on Dogsey, by which I was invited to be one of a consumer test panel giving our thoughts on the forthcoming Black and Decker steam mop range, which the concensus thought were quite impressive compared to the competition which we were testing against. They are actually providing us with one, to be delivered tomorrow, for us to try at home for a while before giving a more considered review after a thorough test.

As you know from this thread, we had toyed with the idea of getting one but had pretty much decided against it, but after seeing this range up close, and with the dogs making so much mess coming in over the winter, it may turn out to be a boon...

I will let you know how we get on with it...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 10:28 AM

That's great Barry my DIL has one and says they are very good.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 12:28 PM

That's great Barry, looking forward to your review too...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 12:55 PM

I haven't got a steam mop but I do have a steam cleaner which I would hate to be without. The first one I had was a Morphy Richards and it was brilliant - cleaned everything: sinks, loos, windows, floors, furniture, freshens up curtains, settees, cleans chair seats and the patio! It finally gave up the ghost and I've just bought a Polti (bit more expensive) but haven't used that one yet.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 03:52 PM

love mine and have a hand held one also
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 09:25 PM

I've just remembered the name of my daughter's steam mop - It's a Bionaire and I don't think it is one of the more expensive ones, but it does work very well, although it only lasts for about 6 minutes before needing re-filling.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 10:05 AM

Yes Rena the Black and Decker is a bit more expensive, but we've tried it a few times now and quite like it, in fact I think the days of wet mopping may be over for us. The reservoir on this model lasts around fifteen minutes but one of the features is supposed to be that it uses less steam but at a higher temperature, which also leaves a drier floor. At the moment it's hard to find fault apart from the length of attached cable, which is too short I think...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 11:36 AM

The Biionaire one also as a short cable Barry and I wonder if there is a reason for it. I've not looked at the Black and Decker ones, but did have a try with a Bex Bissell one, which I didn't think was very good - it left a lot of water behind and didn't seem to heat up very well, so I took it back to the shop and got my money back. Maybe there was something wrong with it, but I think it will remain a mop and cloth job or hands and knees at our house for a while yet.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top