Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:31 PM

Re: Precious furry friends.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Julie writes and thinks a heck of a lot of common sense and I find myself nodding my head in so much agreement! I am totally impressed at her’s and Steven’s efforts in bringing up the two boys and Grace, and how well they have grown, and into fine human beings. Her love and care is obviously extreme, but she also adores her animals.

Tara, whilst she prefers to put animals in their place, has no right criticising Julie and I find her comments rather insulting. I just hope for her sake she doesn’t start on me. I wouldn’t be as patient or polite in my response/replies!

I have never come across a more decent person than Julie, and think her family are lucky and rich to have her in their lives. Whether she rescues a child or animal first is immaterial, IMO, so Tara, please stop verbally attacking her.

I could never respect or trust anyone who did not like animals.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Sometimes it's culture. One of my neighbours says she fears dogs, She is from Nairobi
Dogs there were guard dogs and trained to be aggressive. I can understand her fear given that background. And Max is a big fellow, comparable to a GSD.

She is getting round to understanding that not all dogs are like that and she she took pics of her little boy, aged six, and a couple of others fussing over Max.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:27 AM

It appears to me that tarantula has a big problem with Julie's philosophy.

In truth, I see no problem with it. Julie seems to be a very caring and selfless giver and provider to all of her family and if she includes her pets as family members, as many people do, then I can see why she feels as she does.

If one of your children has certain needs that another does not then surely you will fulfill that need.
Even pet's needs vary from one to another. Animals are individuals too, they have different personalities and like different things.

If they can all get along living as they do with such positivity, then why the constant sniping from some one as negative as tarantula.

And to be truthful all I see from her is negativity.

Carry on being as caring as you are, Julie. You are doing a good job.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:59 AM

I am with you on that. I have only one friend who doesn't like animals and I have been her friend for a long time, but all my other friends are "animal people"....that is the kind of people I spend my time with......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I think if you take on a helpless creature you have to put it's needs ahead of most other things. Getting out of the car this morning, Child managed on her own, dogs needed help and attention. Breakfast today child likes to make her own toast and I encourage that as I want her to be self sufficient as an adult, dogs needed their tin opened and their veggies cut up. Never had a dog could learn to do that.
I love them all equally I think, I am as devastated when one of my dogs dies as when a human family member does.

I don't see why any human being should be thought of as better than an animal that's one reason I am a vegetarian and can't eat animals.

I need animals and humans in my life they all give me something different. I try to do my best for them all but they have different needs. One needs to be taught to be an individual and how to live alone if necessary and the other needs to be cared for like a small child all it's life so it doesn't do something daft like run into the road or starve to death.

I'd say being a human parent is harder because you have to let go eventually and let them be a whole person apart from you, being a dog mummy you are only parted by death. Which devastating as it is, is a normal natural end to life.
I'm with you Julie. I know what you are saying, and you shouldn't have to be defending yourself. It is nobody's business but your own.

Way to go Julie
......animals are "my life'. I love them as much as a human being.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:04 AM

I feel fortunate to be a part of an online community with so many good-hearted people.

Julie: . I completely agree with you and understand what you are saying regarding the needs - and our responsibility for animals.

Are there animals that I would save before some people?

Absolutely:

This young girl was shot, beaten, had had puppies and was thrown out of a vehicle in the middle of nowhere. Commuting to work one day, I found her - stumbling, maggots in the gunshot wound that had grazed her head, starving, and going mad with itching from sarcoptic mange.

She became, in every way, a full-fledged member of my family, one of the most precious relationships of my life. In those early years, we spent more time together than my often-deployed husband.

Would I choose her life over the person who abused, shot, and abandoned a dog, possibly nursing puppies? Yes, I would. After all, she was infinitely better at being a dog than that sorry subhuman was at being a human.

The day I found her, 1985:

Several months later when we had moved to Hawai'i.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What is grooving?
What cool dudes do...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What cool dudes do...
That doesn't answer my question.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I feel fortunate to be a part of an online community with so many good-hearted people.

Julie: . I completely agree with you and understand what you are saying regarding the needs - and our responsibility for animals.

Are there animals that I would save before some people?

Absolutely:

This young girl was shot, beaten, had had puppies and was thrown out of a vehicle in the middle of nowhere. Commuting to work one day, I found her - stumbling, maggots in the gunshot wound that had grazed her head, starving, and going mad with itching from sarcoptic mange.

She became, in every way, a full-fledged member of my family, one of the most precious relationships of my life. In those early years, we spent more time together than my often-deployed husband.

Would I choose her life over the person who abused, shot, and abandoned a dog, possibly nursing puppies? Yes, I would. After all, she was infinitely better at being a dog than that sorry subhuman was at being a human.

The day I found her, 1985:

Several months later when we had moved to Hawai'i.
What a transformation, Surfermom, shows what the power of love can do. She is one lucky dog.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 10:31 AM

What a transformation, Surfermom, shows what the power of love can do. She is one lucky dog.
Agree.

Oh, in my post when I said Julie’s love was extreme, I wasn’t being negative. Just trying to say that she is full of love. If you get my meaning.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top