Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:00 PM

Re: Loyalty

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I very much doubt they would ignore me, .
Mine would. He does.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:10 PM

No animal should be abused. On a couple of occasions I have contacted the RSPCA when I discovered the owners were being deliberately cruel to them.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My alarm clock do?

Aww that's loyalty. X
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Aww that's loyalty. X
Or he wants to go out and have a pee...........

A little tail from today.
I took in a package for a near neighbour. The neighbour came to collect it just now. Max, as always, alerted to the the visitor as soon as she opened the garden gate far less got to the front door. He is my eyes and ears.

Max determined that they were friendly and rang out to greet them then went out the gate and laid on the grass for a while. The neighbour was a little concerned that Max had escaped. She apologised.

"Don't worry. He'll come back in."
He did - as usual.
That's just one example of the degree of mutual trust and respect we have.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:59 PM

Our elsie is a funny girl if you walk her on a lead she walks fine no problem but undo her lead and she sticks like glue to your leg, won't let a breath of air between the two of you. So she never gets let of lead much as she doesn't benefit from it at all. Betty on the other hand isn't allowed off as she is a little trouble maker and at 5lb can get herself in trouble in a flash so we keep her close by.

One of our late doggies was a big yorkshire terrier, he used to lead our old blind and deaf retriever around by her lead or collar so she could still be let off lead. The loyalty between those two was amazing, sadly Duncan died first that's how we got Betty chihuahua as Mollie was so unhappy alone we had to get her a dog of her own.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Or he wants to go out and have a pee...........

A little tail from today.
I took in a package for a near neighbour. The neighbour came to collect it just now. Max, as always, alerted to the the visitor as soon as she opened the garden gate far less got to the front door. He is my eyes and ears.

Max determined that they were friendly and rang out to greet them then went out the gate and laid on the grass for a while. The neighbour was a little concerned that Max had escaped. She apologised.

"Don't worry. He'll come back in."
He did - as usual.
That's just one example of the degree of mutual trust and respect we have.
Aww how lovely Besso, I do love the pics. x

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Our elsie is a funny girl if you walk her on a lead she walks fine no problem but undo her lead and she sticks like glue to your leg, won't let a breath of air between the two of you. So she never gets let of lead much as she doesn't benefit from it at all. Betty on the other hand isn't allowed off as she is a little trouble maker and at 5lb can get herself in trouble in a flash so we keep her close by.

One of our late doggies was a big yorkshire terrier, he used to lead our old blind and deaf retriever around by her lead or collar so she could still be let off lead. The loyalty between those two was amazing, sadly Duncan died first that's how we got Betty chihuahua as Mollie was so unhappy alone we had to get her a dog of her own.
What a wonderful story Julie, thank-you.
I understand now. x
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

14-11-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Aww how lovely Besso, I do love the pics. x
Thank you SP.
How could anyone not love this big, handsome, gentle, obedient fellow.....

Maybe, just maybe, I am a tad biased.....

But it isn't just my opinion. Met a South African guy on one of our walks today. Complete stranger. We chatted for a bit about his country - The history, the places we'd both been.
My handle is from there. Max just waited quietly. Watching me.

The guy had seen me put Max through his paces.
"That's a very well trained dog you have there."

"No training, sir. He just learns."
That's Max.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-11-2018, 08:48 PM

Aww, lovely story Besso. You always cheer me up.
Well, Max does. xxxxx

He is great for photos. xxxxx
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Your max has a very kind face you can see just looking at him he's a gentle lad.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 10:41 AM

ERR, I am only a mere man. An OLD mere man, so, what are 'Nectar points'? are they some sort of a reward for snogging?

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top