Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:14 PM

Re: Always make sure you end the call after a phone conversation

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'll put a different view on this.
If she called you, why do it with another friend nearby? That would be odd and no excuse for her talking no matter how long.

If you phoned her (whist driving? Tsk!) she may have used you as an excuse for talking so long and not giving her friend full attention.
I've done that, when someone phoned and I had a visitor, blamed the caller for keeping me on the phone.

I would have shouted, "Oi! I'm still here ya know!" into the phone!
Originally Posted by May ->
Oh ST,what a shocker...but I can't help laughing as I'm sure I've uttered those same words Myself in the past...luckily They didn't overhear them
I’m sure I’ve done this at some point also: just throw them under the bus. Blamed someone else for keeping me longer on the phone, especially if someone else is waiting to hear from me. It’s not the kindest thing to do but we aren’t perfect. We make mistakes all the time.

Bless your heart for keeping your 40 relationship REAL. You handled it like a true friend. Forgiving our friends for silly things they may say is part of being human and having human relationships . None of us are perfect.

Good for you. It shows true character.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 07:04 PM

Once I pocket dialled the home land line from my mobile while I was at work. Bear in mind that at this time I was a postie, and I was cycling out to my walk.

My husband answered the landline and later told me he listened for a good few minutes to my heavy breathing interspersed with "F*** me, this hill is steep" and "P*** off, you don't own the bloody road"

He tried shouting down the phone to alert me but I couldn't hear him so in the end he drove out to where he thought I'd be and told me to hang my phone up!

Good job I wasn't up to anything untoward (as if)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What you doing with a posh car being a Yorkshire lass, Lion Queen? You'll give us all a bad name here
well, its only a 'bit' posh, its a little peugeot 108 hehe
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m sure I’ve done this at some point also: just throw them under the bus. Blamed someone else for keeping me longer on the phone, especially if someone else is waiting to hear from me. It’s not the kindest thing to do but we aren’t perfect. We make mistakes all the time.

Bless your heart for keeping your 40 relationship REAL. You handled it like a true friend. Forgiving our friends for silly things they may say is part of being human and having human relationships . None of us are perfect.

Good for you. It shows true character.
Thanks Bratti, xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Once I pocket dialled the home land line from my mobile while I was at work. Bear in mind that at this time I was a postie, and I was cycling out to my walk.

My husband answered the landline and later told me he listened for a good few minutes to my heavy breathing interspersed with "F*** me, this hill is steep" and "P*** off, you don't own the bloody road"

He tried shouting down the phone to alert me but I couldn't hear him so in the end he drove out to where he thought I'd be and told me to hang my phone up!

Good job I wasn't up to anything untoward (as if)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
well, its only a 'bit' posh, its a little peugeot 108 hehe
Lol. I had a 207 so I'm even posher than you
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2018, 09:09 PM

Lol. I had a 207 so I'm even posher than you
snob
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 09:11 PM

snob
Now I've got a Focus and I'm an even bigger snob 'cos I bought it in Beverley
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2018, 10:21 PM

Now I've got a Focus and I'm an even bigger snob 'cos I bought it in Beverley
you bought it in me??????? I'm Beverley lmao
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-11-2018, 10:35 PM

you bought it in me??????? I'm Beverley lmao
Transformers - Robots in disguise?
No, the middle class market town up the road from 'Ull

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top