Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:01 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Jem You may laugh at those girls quotes but I bet some of those all brawn and no brain Charles Atlas contestants could have given them a verbal run for their money

Most holiday Camps had Beauty Contest which holidaying teenagers would enter if they had the nerve or who had been dared.

Even after stuffing half a roll of cotton wool down the lovingly knitted swimsuit front to enhance the much needed curves, we were well aware of those other more glossy competitors who were far more endowed with everything better we had, whose pushy Mothers would drag them round the camps and venues convinced they had given birth to the next 'Miss World and would cheerfully claw aside any potential flesh that got in their daughters way

Whilst we could dream, we knew we hadn't got a cat in hells chance of a crown as most of the faded and jaded so called celebrities who judged these fiasco's, mostly half cut and looking for a sly feel knew most of the mothers and equally knew what there judging placements were worth on the circuit. They were never quite that drunk.

All was usually pretty well fixed for the circuit trotters until a pretty outsider on a works outing would occasionally defy the odds by becoming the crowds favourite ...usually egged on by her workmates... and it was made clear there would be a celebrity lynching if a place was not given to her.

That for us was true victory and one we mere mortals could share in and cheer loudly, for her once in a lifetime moment of glory.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 09:04 PM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 09:08 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 09:29 PM

Loved that post Solo, ah! the things the young ones got up to.
I’m sure the girls had a whole bag of tricks to enhance their chances with the fellas as well, don’t forget that in those days when you bought the package and were disappointed with the contents you were stuck with it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I think I saw me granny there ! - she was number 2!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-11-2018, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I think I saw me granny there ! - she was number 2!

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 02:04 AM

you leave my noches alone - they are now rather delicate and wrinkles!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-11-2018, 06:10 AM

watching "folly to be wise" b/w alaistair sims; elizabeth allen and colin gordon - wot a joy to watch b/w humor!!

followed by "the long, the tall and the short" richard tod ; laurence harvey' and richard harris - heavy work in the malay/thai jungle or where ever??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 09:06 AM

A typical OFF er, trying to purge posting history.

Posted this before.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Loved that post Solo, ah! the things the young ones got up to.
I’m sure the girls had a whole bag of tricks to enhance their chances with the fellas as well, don’t forget that in those days when you bought the package and were disappointed with the contents you were stuck with it.

.Those packages mostly came gift wrapped and more often than not we got an awful shock on our wedding night when the ribbon and fancy paper was torn off to reveal.....but as you say we were stuck with it so you folded the ribbon and fancy paper, put it away in a memory drawer and made do with the package. As for the box it came in, you kicked that under the bed

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top