Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: Would I Lie To You? Any Fans of the Show on Here?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
SOS... ls there a doctor in the house?

Gravitas... but l did laugh but not like how you laugh....you laugh like a demented hyena!
Well that is a start. The treatment is clearly working already.

Keep it up. Do you have access to the Dave channel? I could earmark a couple of crackers for you.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Auds11 ->
I love Would I lie to you, Lee Mack is brilliant with his quick wit but I also find Rob Bryden funny and very underrated. We all have our own taste in comedians but in my opinion it's one of the funniest shows on tv.
It is odd how many people don't like Bryden. He is Welsh of course. And he does do unflattering impressions of Mitchel whom people like (they like "posh people").

He is good though, although how much is down to the writers or him, I'm not sure. He certainly interacts very well.

I'm surprised how many (elsewhere) hadn't realised how much Lee is the star.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Well that is a start. The treatment is clearly working already.

Keep it up. Do you have access to the Dave channel? I could earmark a couple of crackers for you.
Yes, l do. Go on then, hit me with the crackers that you recommend!
They had better be funny...... hyena laugh funny!
Gravitas
North England

11-11-2018, 09:12 PM

Yes, l do. Go on then, hit me with the crackers that you recommend!
They had better be funny...... hyena laugh funny!
I'm onto it. To get the benefit from comedy i.e. find it extra funny, you need to watch it without the "inner critic" dominant. That is to "lose yourself in it". It's a bit like Krishnamurti used to say about the observer and the observed. You need the absence of the observer - just the observed. But that last bit will confuse you even more.

Just look at it like a child might, without all that baggage you carry around in your cynical mind.

Or just poor yourself a strong drink if that works (and your not a depressive drinker).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 09:47 AM

I'm onto it. To get the benefit from comedy i.e. find it extra funny, you need to watch it without the "inner critic" dominant. That is to "lose yourself in it". It's a bit like Krishnamurti used to say about the observer and the observed. You need the absence of the observer - just the observed. But that last bit will confuse you even more.

Just look at it like a child might, without all that baggage you carry around in your cynical mind.

Or just poor yourself a strong drink if that works (and your not a depressive drinker).
What’s the hold up?

Nah to the drink, l am more partial to a line of coke and a couple of E’s!
Seriously, Gravi, I never get get depressed, it attracts bad luck. No baggage either, l admit to being a cynic though!

You really need to get your haemorrhoids sorted, they make you grumpy!
Gravitas
North England

12-11-2018, 04:09 PM

What’s the hold up?

Nah to the drink, l am more partial to a line of coke and a couple of E’s!
Seriously, Gravi, I never get get depressed, it attracts bad luck. No baggage either, l admit to being a cynic though!

You really need to get your haemorrhoids sorted, they make you grumpy!
I'm not grumpy, I was just trying to explain something very important. But I failed. I'm not surprised, it can be difficult to understand. By "baggage" I meant the storehouse of thought.

Anyway, on checking it seems Dave has finally decided to have a break from showing three episodes a night, for now at least. But there is one on Tuesday at 10pm with Charlie Brooker and Michael Ball. It. like most, is a good one.

And of course the new ones are still being shown on Friday on BBC1.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-11-2018, 04:16 PM

I'm not grumpy, I was just trying to explain something very important. But I failed. I'm not surprised, it can be difficult to understand. By "baggage" I meant the storehouse of thought.

Anyway, on checking it seems Dave has finally decided to have a break from showing three episodes a night, for now at least. But there is one on Tuesday at 10pm with Charlie Brooker and Michael Ball. It. like most, is a good one.

And of course the new ones are still being shown on Friday on BBC1.
Thanks for that. I will have a look.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 08:46 PM

Love it. Laugh out loud. But haven't seen it in a year or two.
Gravitas
North England

13-11-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Love it. Laugh out loud. But haven't seen it in a year or two.
A spell in prison, eh. Still you're out now and free to watch what the hell you want!

Actually, there are two on tonight on Dave from 10pm. The second one is a compilation.
Gravitas
North England

01-12-2018, 02:19 PM

FWIW - Dave is showing repeats again from today, one at 5pm, one tomorrow at 4pm and two a day for the rest of the week (at least) from about 6pm.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top