Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:39 AM

Re: The Yorkshire Vet

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Julian is a lovely man on twitter too, very kind. It was a shame they split but I like that julian wanted to be independent, really not enough independents these days.
I agree Julie I am really surprised Peter wanted to join a chain of vets . It must be a very profitable practice with the Herriot connection and the exposure given by the TV programme I wouldn't have thought they needed the support of a chain .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:56 AM

I'm sure it would have been an amicable split and good for Julian to strike out on his own, although I do wonder what will happen to Skeldale when Peter retires. Great programme though, we never miss it albeit usually recorded.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Julie I am really surprised Peter wanted to join a chain of vets . It must be a very profitable practice with the Herriot connection and the exposure given by the TV programme I wouldn't have thought they needed the support of a chain .
Many senior partners around here join these bigger conglomerates when they get near retirement, sadly it's money makes them do it. Our lovely mr callaghan was our vet for many years, he was thinking of retirement and the pet doctors moved in on him, he was offered so much more than the junior partners could afford and they did try to buy him out. After he sold up the junior partners became employees, and he carried on working there for a couple of years realising his mistake and eventually left. We now struggle to find independents because pet doctors have mopped up all the practices they can find.

Our vet now is an independent and has to keep closing his books he's just too popular ! So there is still money in it is they want to remain independent. A lot of our younger vets don't stay long in the area, just long enough to earn enough to move out of area to try and set up their own practices abroad !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top