Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Re: Enough of the doom and gloom.

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Still not doing any research are you?
Reading the different posts on this forum for some time now. Getting convinced that those who voted leave did so on assumptions and wishfull thinking. The seriously worrying thing is they are still not open to facts. This stubberness is shaming your country.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Still not doing any research are you? if we fall out of the EU and go on to WTO rules we are required to impose tariffs.

The WTO prevents discriminatory tariffs, except between countries with trade deals. ... The WTO requires member countries to apply tariffs (taxes) on goods and services to other WTO countries equally. It also means you can't set different rules for foreign and domestic products in your country.13 Jul 2018
I'm listening to people with ideas itsme, I believe brexit is a beginning and we may need to throw out a few concepts that will hold us back and forge a new way forward. Something in the past we have done and made to work well.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm listening to people with ideas itsme, I believe brexit is a beginning and we may need to throw out a few concepts that will hold us back and forge a new way forward. Something in the past we have done and made to work well.
Something like true patriots coming out of retirement and joining the work force again?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 03:36 PM

Brexit is clearly a Trojan horse for a left or right wing rewriting of the constitution. I don't recall that on the ballot paper.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-10-2018, 04:06 PM

In that case you will find this useful. Just fill in UK and EU at appropriate places.

http://www.worldfuturefund.org/Repor...nablingact.htm
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In that case you will find this useful. Just fill in UK and EU at appropriate places.

http://www.worldfuturefund.org/Repor...nablingact.htm

Solasch, it might be my gas fired laptop but every time I click on the link it comes up with some thing to do with Hitler.
Hitlers speech on enabling act 1933! I'm sure you didn't mean to raise his name on this forum.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:17 PM

Solasch, it might be my gas fired laptop but every time I click on the link it comes up with some thing to do with Hitler.
Hitlers speech on enabling act 1933! I'm sure you didn't mean to raise his name on this forum.
Why not? We do have a fair few members with similar ideas as Adolf.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-10-2018, 05:28 PM

I am afraid I did. After getting the feeling by several leave voters I had heard the language before, I looked it up. Shocked by the similarity in arguing, blindness for fact, I looked for a site with his speeches translated in english. I am not expecting it to have effect on some of the members, but I have heard the text " wir haben es nicht gewust" too many times. I don't want to hear it in english. I am not here in a popularity contest, so I will persist in bringing up the bare facts.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I am afraid I did. After getting the feeling by several leave voters I had heard the language before, I looked it up. Shocked by the similarity in arguing, blindness for fact, I looked for a site with his speeches translated in english. I am not expecting it to have effect on some of the members, but I have heard the text " wir haben es nicht gewust" too many times. I don't want to hear it in english. I am not here in a popularity contest, so I will persist in bringing up the bare facts.

Fair enough Solasch, and sadly I do recognize the reasoning behind it.

I do wish that some of the people who denigrate the EU on this forum, had been to the fields of white crosses dotted all over Europe and other places and concluded that what ever it takes, THIS MUST NOT happen again. In my view the EU with all it's faults is a means of achieving this.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Fair enough Solasch, and sadly I do recognize the reasoning behind it.

I do wish that some of the people who denigrate the EU on this forum, had been to the fields of white crosses dotted all over Europe and other places and concluded that what ever it takes, THIS MUST NOT happen again. In my view the EU with all it's faults is a means of achieving this.
My sentiments exactly and that is why I will continue trying to educate the Sun readers.

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top