Join for free
Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 02:41 PM

Re: Squirrels are great.

I love watching how they stuff as much in their mouth as they can, hahahaha
Your videos are so much fun. I always look here to see if you put one up.......now I can start my day, my squirrels are out there, I better hurry up and feed them....when I run out of nuts, I give them cookies and they love them.

Your squirrels are so fat. A couple of mine are fat also.

I don't know how to do a video or I would show you mine......
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Your squirrels are so fat. A couple of mine are fat also.
I don't know how to do a video or I would show you mine......
They will start to fatten up to get ready for winter though mine don't really need to as the nuts will be out all through the winter months.

As for a video, it can be a bit daunting though it is much easier than it used to be if you have a smart phone.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 03:33 PM

Morning MrFraggle and all... Yesterday and today...I've noticed that our squirrels are having a field day gathering and hiding the peanuts I've put out. I am running low on them so I must ask my son to pick more up for me from Costco... He gets a huge bag of peanuts in the shell, quite reasonably priced there... They're just too cute and I could watch them all day long...scampering to and fro, in the fresh snow...
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:33 AM

The thick one is back.

Soon as he has gone the sparrows return.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 01:54 PM

Lovely
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-11-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
The thick one is back.

Soon as he has gone the sparrows return.
My fav is the one on the right where he lifts the lid and stuffs as much in his mouth as he can hold..so cute these squirrels.

I ran out of peanuts, I have to give them cookies until Wednesday when I go back out for the nuts.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

25-11-2018, 02:11 PM

This is very rare to see two of my bunch eating so close together, OK one has still not grasped the concept of the squirrel feeder. It is also very brief.

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-11-2018, 04:54 PM

So sweet MrFraggle, thank you for sharing......x

Do you have any black squirrels there?
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

25-11-2018, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
So sweet MrFraggle, thank you for sharing......x

Do you have any black squirrels there?
I do not think I have even seen a black squirrel and I traveled a bit around Scotland. No, my bunch are you bog standard grey squirrels. Next spring I am going to see if I can persuade them to come to me.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-11-2018, 12:26 PM

They are easy to train MrFraggle. But, watch for those darn flees. They get on your clothes and into the house, and they don't care who they bite,

My son would sit on the deck when he was small and one would climb up his leg and sit there while he fed him.

Ours are mostly black, but I favour the gray ones. there are some white in Toronto, but they are nearly extinct. They have seen a few this year, just hoping the coyotes don't get them before they breed.

We have over 20 species, even flying squirrels, although I have never seen one flying yet, but it is true.

QUOTE:

Canada is home to 22 different types of squirrels. Six of these are ground-dwelling, four live in trees, and two are varieties of flying squirrels. Common ground squirrels have thin tails and hibernate through winter, while bushy-tailed tree squirrels are active year-round.

Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top