Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 02:37 PM

I have finally signed up to Netflicks

Took the plunge on Sunday and signed up for the Netflicks free trial. looks good so far and I have already saved about ten films to my list to watch. I was a bit worried whether it would work OK with Windows 7 but all seems OK and have not encountered any buffering as yet. Just got to order a longer HDMI cable now so that I can control it from my chair.

Currently watching 'The Haunting of Hill House' series.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Re: I have finally signed up to Netflicks

We decided on prime video rather than netflix but if its as good as that im sure you will enjoy it longdogs. Ill have to get you to watch and report on big brother next year apparently netflix is in talks to show that
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 04:59 PM

Have you an internet connected `Smart` TV LD? There's usually Amazon Prime and Netflix Apps built into them so that you can watch them from the comfort of your armchair.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have you an internet connected `Smart` TV LD? There's usually Amazon Prime and Netflix Apps built into them so that you can watch them from the comfort of your armchair.
No Judd, it's not a smart TV so having to use a cable but don't mind that whilst this tv is working ok. It's amazing how quickly the TVs become old tech.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-10-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We decided on prime video rather than netflix but if its as good as that im sure you will enjoy it longdogs. Ill have to get you to watch and report on big brother next year apparently netflix is in talks to show that
Ok Julie, i'll report back to you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 01:24 AM

That’s great Longdogs. I’m a tad jealous. We can’t get Netflix where we live
Enjoy
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No Judd, it's not a smart TV so having to use a cable but don't mind that whilst this tv is working ok. It's amazing how quickly the TVs become old tech.
Actually, you prompted me to look at the instruction booklet (not something I normally do ) and I have learnt that it can be connected to the internet (I have never done that) and has something called a CAM card which I understand is a type of smart card. Anyway, I am going to look into it more to see if it is possible to enable Netflicks.

Thanks Judd.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-10-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
That’s great Longdogs. I’m a tad jealous. We can’t get Netflix where we live
Enjoy
Do you get other streaming services there Bratti?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 09:57 AM

I love my Netflix LD I watch it all the time...just finished the whole series of The Last Kingdom...totally hooked I used to have Amazon Prime too but I cancelled it, Netflix is tons better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-10-2018, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I love my Netflix LD I watch it all the time...just finished the whole series of The Last Kingdom...totally hooked I used to have Amazon Prime too but I cancelled it, Netflix is tons better.
Thanks summer. It's nice to know I made the right decision as to which one to go with. Will also make a note of 'Kingdom'.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top