Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:31 PM

Re: Hope for Laboratory Animals

Just another one of the many.

Rats in tubes being forced to inhale paint.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Still too much of this going on, but any advancement always has to be a positive.

Here is another company. All for beautiful women, or should I say, ugly women who want to be beautiful

ADI
Although working with a company aiming to produce cruelty free Botox by 2020, British retailer Superdrug - who announced it was bringing Botox to the high street in August - will use an animal tested product until then. Mice suffocate and die during Botox batch tests, the toxin causing paralysis of the muscles used to breathe. Please join us in politely urging Superdrug to stop offering Botox until the cruelty free alternative is available: www.superdrug.com/contact

One person who wrote to Superdrug, and got the following response obviously no change in the near future)

They said due to regulations as Botox is medical they have to test on animals however hey are working with leading market people to find a cruelty free method.
Disgusting. What have those animals done to deserve that?

We have plenty of criminals who deserve nothing.

Why don't the scientists experiment on them?

And no, I'm not joking.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:41 PM

omg the rats in tubes has made me want to cry, thats just awful.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by aysa ->
it would be a memorable day indeed mups....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 11:02 PM

There's much worse, but if we think hard, there is no way we can avoid animal cruelty in various forms, unless we become vegan, refuse medication, and many other things we just consider normal on a daily basis.
I am sorry if it upsets you Lion Queen, it was a way of showing how things truly are. (i.e.one of them).
It all grieves me badly, but I'm just as guilty as the next, on daily basis.
Just changed my mind about decorating before Christmas.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good news.

I'm certainly no trendy snowflake, but it does upset me thinking about animal experiments.

In fact, I'm surprised that we haven't progressed beyond that before now.

Exactly, JBR. They would rather throw money at sending things to the Moon, making more and more harmful chemicals, bigger and faster cars, etc but leave these laboratories to continue their medieval methods of daily torture to millions of helpless creatures.

I would never trust the mind of someone who could do that for a living.

Alternative methods should have been a priority years ago.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Exactly, JBR. They would rather throw money at sending things to the Moon, making more and more harmful chemicals, bigger and faster cars, etc but leave these laboratories to continue their medieval methods of daily torture to millions of helpless creatures.

I would never trust the mind of someone who could do that for a living.

Alternative methods should have been a priority years ago
I agree, Mups. The sooner it is stopped the better.

I also agree with JBR - test things on murderers instead - and before anyone screams 'Human Rights' - in my book they have forfeited any rights by doing the crime that landed them in gaol.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 07:38 AM

Gosh I hope this new cell technology works out....the sooner the better.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:22 AM

I don't have a problem with using animals for medical experimentation, we eat them and use their skins for clothing, so what is the difference? Often it is rats and mice which are used, as they are vermin, and should be put down anyway, if they can be useful, so much the better.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:43 AM

Step in the right direction what I never understand is how many companies repeat experiments and tests, I can't get my head around why a hundred animals are sacrificed when the result of ten could be passed between the companies needing the answers. It's almost like someone is making money out of this ... oh wait they are !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top