Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 08:52 AM

The Little Drummer Girl

I found this so confusing! Anyone know what decade it was meant to be in? Did it remain in the 70s? Who were the young men? Was Charlie the killer?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Re: The Little Drummer Girl

This is what it says on IMDB Jazz.
I also noted there was another mini series in the 80's that had the same name and was a similar story line.
Hope it helps.

Blurring the fine lines between love and hate; truth and fiction; and right and wrong; The Little Drummer Girl weaves a suspenseful and explosive story of espionage and high-stakes international intrigue. Set in the late 1970s, the pulsating thriller follows Charlie, a fiery actress and idealist whose resolve is tested after she meets the mysterious Becker, while on holiday in Greece. It quickly becomes apparent that his intentions are not what they seem, and her encounter with him entangles her in a complex plot devised by the spy mastermind Kurtz. Charlie takes on the role of a lifetime as a double agent while remaining uncertain of her own loyalties.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 09:55 AM

I used to read a lot of spy thrillers, by authors such as John le Carre & Len Deighton

This TV production of The Little Drummer Girl promises to be just what I like - not simple or cut & dried, and just a bit edgy or seedy It is set in the late 1970s

A Palestinian terrorist group is blowing up prominent Israelis.
It is a discrete or cellular structure, meaning that its members only know the absolute minimum of other members.
This is both its strength, as it is not possible for members to reveal information or identities they do not have, but also its weakness, as it makes it easier for others to penetrate the group.

Israeli intelligence agents, The Mossad, decide to infiltrate the group.
They have kidnapped one of the terrorists and substituted one of their own agents
They are also grooming a British actress, Charlie, to take part in the deception

Also, Mossad have discovered that the bomb maker leaves a tell tale clue or signature in the bomb - a bundle of spare wire wound into the shape of a 'stick man'
This enables them to trace the bomber to various incidents, and to start to build up a profile

Now I'm waiting with anticipation for the next episode
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:53 AM

I was going to watch this but glad I didnt now ,I saw Deepwater Horizon instead,much better tbh.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I found this so confusing! Anyone know what decade it was meant to be in? Did it remain in the 70s? Who were the young men? Was Charlie the killer?
More to the point, people, was it any good? I'm blessed with owning a recorder so can watch it if and when...
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
More to the point, people, was it any good? I'm blessed with owning a recorder so can watch it if and when...
Well, I think it's very good, and can hardly wait for the next episode; but others find it confusing

Unfortunately there's only one way to find out if you like it or not.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:44 AM

I thought it was good and I don't normally like Spy novels. The acting was good, a bit confusing but all modern dramas are these days due to lack of direction. I will be watching again next week.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 01:50 PM

Good grief looks like you didn’t understand one bit of it
First episode laid out characters and plot so just what was confusing ?
A brilliant start imo.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:41 PM

You’re right...I didn’t understand it. But I have since read the article in the DM’s Weekend supplement, so understand the plot a bit better.

I’ll give it a go next week.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Glad it weren't just me, Jazzi.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top