Join for free
Page 11 of 43 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:12 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well we are the most dangerous living thing on the planet.
Unfortunately it’s true. We are.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Everything isn't about us, we just think it is.
Do we?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Do we?
You need to ask?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
You need to ask?
I grew up on a farm in Scotland. With lots of livestock. Get a severe winter and you HAVE to be concerned about their well being.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Thank you Wild One!
Let me start at the end of your post.
My points were not about what I belief. What I have is an absence of a belief in any supernatural entity. I'm not being pedantic - I think that absence rather than a belief is a fundamental difference

I don't claim to being anywhere close to perfect either. The only offence I got a fine for was parking in a FREE car park without displaying a ticket. That cost me £25 and that was discounted from £50 because I payed promptly.

I don't have a problem with anyone believing in a god of their choice or, in some cases like my neighbours, believing in gods of their choice. I don't think it is necessary to have a belief to understand and practise sound morals. We need to do so to work as a society. That was the case before religions were invented.
Hey there Bes, did you know "only special people" are allowed to call me the Wild One. You are special Bes

Thanks for this interesting post. Even tho you and I don't have the same beliefs, I am always interested in what you have to say. You are one of my favourites, because I know you are right about a lot of things.....

I understand that you have "an absence of belief". I don't always say what I am meaning to say, but I understand completely, and I respect that. I also love listening to Realist as he is such a deep person, and I like that.

PS: do you believe in Jesus....... Just curious....... and who was He?

I think I am "off topic", please ignore me, hahahaha
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:36 PM

I grew up on a farm in Scotland. With lots of livestock. Get a severe winter and you HAVE to be concerned about their well being.
My mom is from Scotland Bes.....I knew there was something special about you....

Being the animal lover I am, I would definitely be concerned about the livestock, even here, I am so concerned and passionate about them........
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
good for you blue .. If you have a faith, i say, enjoy it and gain comfort from it.

I've always just thought

to get through life it helps, immeasurably, to have faith in one of three things.
1) a god or a system of belief.
2) faith in mankind ..that's to say, science and humanities ability to evolve... And become the fixer, instead of the destroyer.
3) or .. A simple faith in oneself.

Have no faith or belief in any of those things and you're sunk and it makes life a trial.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The Bible creates huge problems because :

a) It is misunderstood by millions of people worldwide

b) It is used out of context by nefarious religious leaders worldwide

c) A literal interpretation leads to all manner of societal problems much like the Quran

Right and wrong are human made concepts which humans have introduced to try and control behaviours. There is no right and wrong on a universal basis. Stars explode, planets disintegrate, matter zooms into black holes. The universe simply IS, it has no morality, no right and wrong.

EVERYTHING on this planet, every living thing, requires amounts of life energy to survive, including you. Since that energy is locked within other matter, attached to it (kinda inside) then every living thing here exists by killing and devouring other living things, so that they can extract the life energy from within it. This includes you. You eat food, be it meat or vegetable, flower, fauna, fungi or fruit. All of them are living things like you, which contain amounts of life energy bound to the gross matter of their form. You kill them, you eat them, your body functions break the matter down and the energy inside is released into your own body.

You get ill, old and die because you are not getting enough of that life energy. Humans need it in large quantities to survive and stay in peak condition and stay young.

Regardless we are all murderers because to exist, we must all of us consume other living things. It is an endless cycle. The universe continually eats itself, i.e. every living thing keeps consuming every other living thing to survive. Like the Ouroboros , the snake eating its own tail.

No single thing is more important than another. It is all stuff made from the same universal life energy. If we want to maintain our current human form indefinitely then we have to find a very concentrated form of that life energy. Eating meats, fruits and veg, getting sunshine and breathing air just doesn't provide enough of that energy. From the very moment we are born, we are dying because we begin on that downward slop of being starved of the life energy we need.

So did most of us I suspect but we were taught by people who themselves had already been taught an incorrect interpretation of the Bible. Their parents incorrectly taught them and their parent's parents before tem. This is a divisive cycle that has been going on 100s of years. Only a few know the proper meaning of the Bible's allegorical, cryptic and encoded secrets.

To progress forward you have to unlearn what you have been falsely taught. The Chinese have a saying for this:

"Empty Your Cup"

Because you can not pour new tea into a tea cup that is already full.

Most people's interpretation of the Bible is totally wrong which is tragic but understandable because religion has sought to control and rule humans. They don't want people to have the Truth.

Understand, GENESIS is NOT talking about the creation of the universe. It is not talking about the Earth being created in 7 days.

It is describing the Philosopher's Stone and how to make it.
The Stone IS that substance that contains massive concentrations of life energy. It is what we all need to survive.

One could never understand what the processes are for making it from a casual reading of Genesis and other parts of the Bible but once someone tells you the Truth, it all starts to become clear.

At the very least, rational people should concede that the literal interpretation of the Bible makes no sense whatsoever. Most "Christians" can't cope with the dilemma and just sweep it under the carpet. Others wrestle hard with it in their minds. There is s reason the Bible makes no sense and often contradicts itself, and that reason is because it IS NOT supposed to be read literally. You are supposed to understand the allegorical terms it uses and what they mean.

For example the "Heavens" does not mean the place Heaven. It means the top part of an alchemist's glass flask.

The "Earth" does not mean this planet, it means a special white salt that is extracted from living matter.

The rabbit hole stands open before you but only you can jump into it.

Do a forum search for my posts and "Philosopher's Stone" and you'll find threads where I've given much more information and diagrams.

Cheers
What a bloody interesting post. I don't even know how to reply as is is too deep for my little peanut of a brain Realist, but bring it on, anytime, as I love to read everything you say. You are one of my "heros" on this forum, and I must say, very very interesting and intelligent........
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

03-11-2018, 06:46 PM

"Empty Your Cup"

I can't empty it Realist, and it is overflowing, but I am grasping some things and I am very open-minded, even tho I do have my "beliefs", I want the truth, but at the same time, I want the comfort of feeling I am being looked after from an all powerful entity of an identifiable existence.....if it is true, or not, I have to just try to grasp anything that is said, and think about it while I hold on tight to my believe system that gives me such comfort........all at the same time. Yes, I know, I have a few marbles missing............hahaha
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

03-11-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hey there Bes, did you know "only special people" are allowed to call me the Wild One. You are special Bes

Thanks for this interesting post. Even tho you and I don't have the same beliefs, I am always interested in what you have to say. You are one of my favourites, because I know you are right about a lot of things.....

I understand that you have "an absence of belief". I don't always say what I am meaning to say, but I understand completely, and I respect that. I also love listening to Realist as he is such a deep person, and I like that.

PS: do you believe in Jesus....... Just curious....... and who was He?

I think I am "off topic", please ignore me, hahahaha
Thank you kindly for that, WP.
We can agree to disagree amicably. That's how discussions should be conducted in my opinion.

Jesus?
I read a book by Bamber Gascoigne - you may recall him from University Challenge. The book was "The Christians" and it had a chapter about the existence of Jesus of Nazareth. The evidence presented would indicate that he did. Whether he had supernatural powers is another matter.

It may also be worth noting that none of the NT writings are contemporaneous with his life having been written decades or more after his death.

Page 11 of 43 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top