Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:50 AM

Re: How would you have rected.

To make such a statement as that, particularly days after the magnificent sight of old servicemen, and women, proudly parading up and down the country, and of course at the Cenotaph, is nothing short of disgusting. I'm afraid I'd have used an old army expression to him, "Why don't you go and have sex with yourself!!"
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We were talking about Brexit with our daughter & son in law yesterday and he quite took the wind out of my sails by saying:

"Anybody over 65 shouldn't have been allowed to vote. You'll be out of it so what does it matter to you? It's his generation (indication my grandson ) who should be worried."

I didn't know how to react to that so I said nothing.

How would you have reacted?
I would have replied "Well, if only half of that generation of preciousness had managed to get their lazy backsides out of bed and voted, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, would we?"
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 01:35 PM

You should have said that when you have been subjected to forty years of EEC membership and experienced twenty-five years under the yoke of the EU plutocracy then you can come back and tell me your view.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 01:43 PM

Some young adults simply do not understand the adage respect your elders.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 02:17 PM

shows that more than one in four Leave voters of retirement age believe that lower wages for the next generation would be a price worth paying for*Brexit. Conversely more than one in four Remain backers aged 18 to 34 would be willing to see pensions for older people reduced if it meant Brexit
Worse still, almost three-quarters of young Remain voters believe older people are prejudiced and a similar percentage of older Leave voters think young people are entitled and unwilling to work hard. *

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8416271.html
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:05 PM

We were talking about Brexit with our daughter & son in law yesterday and he quite took the wind out of my sails by saying:

"Anybody over 65 shouldn't have been allowed to vote. You'll be out of it so what does it matter to you? It's his generation (indication my grandson ) who should be worried."

The same as you,saying nothing,sometimes speaks volumes,if you get my meaning.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 03:33 PM

I'd say, you have it your own way but don't come whingeing to me when you suffer the consequences.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:01 PM

Maybe you should respond by showing him this thread.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:18 PM

Totally agree
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd say, you have it your own way but don't come whingeing to me when you suffer the consequences.
You have to let them make their own mistakes. The best way to learn. They never believe you on your say so.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top