Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:31 AM

The Winter solstice.

Are you aware that in less than five weeks it will be the Winter solstice and the days will start to get longer again. YIPPEE. ......
It reminds of the time when I was at school and, during a physics lesson, the teacher had explained that when things were heated they expanded and when they were cool they got smaller. She asked if anyone could give an example of this. ...
'Yes Miss, I can', I said, 'In winter when it is cold the days are short but in summer when it is hot, the days are longer'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:34 AM

Re: The Winter solstice.

I always find it odd days get shorter really quickly I find but when they get longer it seems to take ages.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:22 AM

I like Glastonbury on the Solstice, everyone wishing you a Happy Solstice and lots of winter themed stuff, holly, ivy, berries and folksy items for sale.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:45 AM

Yep, 34 days to go.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 11:46 AM

Once upon a time for me the dark nights seemed endless and forever , now you've told me only 5 weeks till the solstice I am surprised how quickly the time has gone .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 12:01 PM

This year has flown by,seems the older you get the quicker it is .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->

Yes, I agree with that Eliza, time is whizzing past.

Even the weeks pass so quickly.
Once the weekend goes, it's Monday, then before you know it is the end of the week again.

I read somewhere that the planet is actually spinning faster now, but no idea if that could be true.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:34 PM

I hate this time of year. The last two weeks of November and the first two weeks of December are the worst in the year for me. My mood is affected by the reduced daylight. Christmas is a chore when you feel this way. I love it when we reach Dec 21st and there is the hope of longer days. At least the sun is shining today
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I agree with that Eliza, time is whizzing past.

Even the weeks pass so quickly.
Once the weekend goes, it's Monday, then before you know it is the end of the week again.

I read somewhere that the planet is actually spinning faster now, but no idea if that could be true.
I have a theory about that. If you are learning something new time slows down. If you are not it speeds up. So as you get older you find it rushing by unless you challenge yourself with new experiences or education.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Yes, isn't that funny. I find the time just flies by.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top