Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:38 PM

Re: The Winter solstice.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I like Glastonbury on the Solstice, everyone wishing you a Happy Solstice and lots of winter themed stuff, holly, ivy, berries and folksy items for sale.
Yay that sounds lovely Tess.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I read somewhere that the planet is actually spinning faster now, but no idea if that could be true.
Well, that is interesting Mups, and it would surely explain why everything seems to be whizzing by us.....more so, than when we were young.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:49 PM

By this time in November we have often had some really bad weather, this year it has been mild and pleasant which will serve to shorten the winter .

Roll on the solstice, spring and our summer holiday which my son has already booked a house overlooking the sea in Wales to fill with children and dogs
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
This year has flown by,seems the older you get the quicker it is .
Definitely, it's a bit scary how fast my life is passing me by these days
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
This year has flown by,seems the older you get the quicker it is .
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I agree with that Eliza, time is whizzing past.

Even the weeks pass so quickly.
Once the weekend goes, it's Monday, then before you know it is the end of the week again.

I read somewhere that the planet is actually spinning faster now, but no idea if that could be true.
I agree. sometimes I when I decide to have a shower I can't believe a week has passed already.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. sometimes I when I decide to have a shower I can't believe a week has passed already.

Mucky boy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:53 AM

For what it is worth - my theory on time:

When you are five years old a year is 20% of your life ie one fifth.

When you are 70 years old a year is 1.4% of your life or 14 thousandths

Therefore as you get older time appears to pass more quickly (unless you have a walking machine or exercise bike because they bring time to an almost complete stop)

Personally I am looking forward to the summer solstice and Saturnalia, that wonderful time when food, booze and present giving fill the air. Saturn - you rock! (Just do it slower please)

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have a theory about that. If you are learning something new time slows down. If you are not it speeds up. So as you get older you find it rushing by unless you challenge yourself with new experiences or education.
Yes! I have theorized this too, Annie!

I had never considered that way of considering time, Bruce. Save me a cold beverage.

After years of deliberation I have come to the following conclusion:
Long days = good
Short days = bad
All days = not enough

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top