Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:42 AM

Re: Saturday Night

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, Have the ladies kept their clothes on tonight? The last time you had a party, they were walking around half dressed!
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, Have the ladies kept their clothes on tonight? The last time you had a party, they were walking around half dressed!

Hi

Most definitely, the Mums and littlies are here, decorum rules.

The last time it was just the unmarried 20 and 30 year olds, a very different proposition.

No naked flashing tonight or in the morning.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 11:18 AM

Still out every Saturday night. Local social clubs.
Bingo.
Singers.
Beer.
A bit traditional northern type of places but we try to support them as much as we can.
Use it or lose it.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 11:19 AM

Have not been out on a Saturday in years, now spend my time with TV remote in hand trying to find something vaguely watchable and failing miserably.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 06:44 PM

Every night is Saturday night in NYC.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I bet you have a big smile on your face now, remembering that.
Probably not as big as the smile, back in the day.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Probably not as big as the smile, back in the day.
Oh I don't know, memories are very precious Spitty.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:05 PM

Of course they are, more so if one was the originator, not the recipient.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-11-2018, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Of course they are, more so if one was the originator, not the recipient.
I cannot argue with that. X
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-11-2018, 11:11 PM

Thank you. X
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What are your memories of Saturday night?
I remember the era when Saturday night was for many people a night in front of the telly. There was always a prime Saturday show ranging from Brucie's Generation Game to other bit hitters. A take-away and TV was the defacto routine for many.

Then things seemed to change and we lost many of our great comedians and presenters and the Saturday night show era seemed to disappear.

I think then we were more inclined to go out for meals as a treat. Venues varied as did the friends and family members we would go out with.

Then came the era of Reality TV and suddenly we had Pop Idol and Fame Academy, a style of shows we hadn't seen before. They were engaging when they first started as most new things are.

Those shows gave way to X-Factor and then BGT which dominated for many years.

These days we don't go out very often. I prefer to cook my own good healthy meals and only very occasionally have a take-away. We get plenty of "meals out" when we go on hols cruising.

These days I find Saturday nights a little boring. There just isn't the quality of Saturday Night TV any more. More likely we will watch a film that we have pre-recorded or binge watch a DVD box set.

I guess much depends on the time of year too. In warm summer balmy nights we might well sit out the back on the decking with a lit chimenea gazing at the stars.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top