Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:10 PM

Always make sure you end the call after a phone conversation

when ending a call always make sure you've ended it.
I had just been talking to a friend on the phone asking how they had got on at the hospital appointment, the friend proceeded to tell me then after a not too long conversation we said our goodbyes, I'd been talking on the phone through my car and I didn't end the call waiting for the friend to end it when I heard her talking to someone after she'd obviously thought she had put the phone down. This is how it went

my friend to her friend: That was Bev, she was ringing to see how I got on at hospital, once she gets on the phone you can't get rid of her

Eh? this is my friend and she wants rid of me!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

I was like 😮 😶🙄

Good job I love her and saw the funny side. I don't have the heart to tell her I heard all she said LMAO

Soooooooo as I say if you are going to be bitchy about a friend always make sure you have ended the call LOLOLOLOL

I'm still laughing two days later
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:23 PM

Re: Always make sure you end the call after a phone conversation

Oooh, That was a bit awkward, LQ. It’s a good job that you saw the funny side.

I have heard conversations when the receiver hasn’t been replaced properly but it is usually mundane stuff.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oooh, That was a bit awkward, LQ. It’s a good job that you saw the funny side.

I have heard conversations when the receiver hasn’t been replaced properly but it is usually mundane stuff.
I'm still not quite sure why she said that but thinking about it I have heard her bitching about her other friends to me in the past so why would I be any different lol .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 11:53 PM

Seriously?

I wouldn't be laughing
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2018, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Seriously?

I wouldn't be laughing
why? We've been friends for almost 40 years, we none of us are perfect, I know she didn't mean any malice otherwise I would have ended the friendship, nar, I am not offended
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 01:15 AM

I'd be upset if I heard something like that but I guess it depends on the personality of the person saying it if it's just the way they are.

Back in the day a male friend I wasn't that close to used to call me up all the time and talk for ages about mundane stuff. I think he was just lonely.

He did this once when I was with others and I handed the phone to a friend who then finished the call but I didn't realise she didn't hang up properly. I started complaining how you can never get him off the phone and how he was always ringing me. We then talked about other things but I was mortified when I realised that we had not hung up the phone!

I don't know whether he heard any of my moaning and we are still friends, but I didn't get any calls for quite a while....

After this incident I always, always check that I can hear the dial tone if I am about to say something controversial.

I've also had people phone me in their pocket by accident but it's always really boring, but many years ago it happened with a guy I was thinking of dating. His phone called me back without him realising and it was obvious he was with another woman! The rat! These days I think with smart phones it doesn't happen so easily.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:16 AM

Lion Queen, while the response by your 'friend' may seem a little off-hand and throwaway, it's a rather puzzling thing to say about someone they have known for all this time.
With friends it's all about trust and I know from personal experience that my circle of friends do actually make remarks about each other when they are absent. We're still great friends although there is a bit of sniping going on sometimes. Nobody's perfect but people are not always what they seem and possibly your friend is showing some true colours.

Then again, maybe you do talk too much, who knows?
But I think your friend is simply making an excuse to the other person of why she has been so long on the phone, with you playing the scapegoat unknown to her knowing you're still on the line.

You could play a trick on her from now on though by casually throwing in the line "I talk a lot don't I?" each time she chats to you. That may begin to niggle her somewhat and get her very confused.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 06:35 AM

I am not surprised that you took this well, putting it in the perspective that 40 years of being friends says a lot more than an off-the-cuff remark. Good for you!

The only time I was on the other side of a conversation in which someone failed to hang up, it was my boyfriend...

who fell asleep while I was talking.

Apparently I am nothing if not a dazzling, engaging conversationalist!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 09:54 AM

A friend was telling me she rang her husband while he was away on business , after saying goodbye she heard him say something to someone in the room and she held onto the phone , he forgot to end the call .

Yes there was another woman there , he slated his wife as she listened , after a few minutes she called into the phone , there was silence as he picked it up .

You can Immagine what was said . She is now divorcing him
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Lesson learned I guess but question is will you talk less in future we years ago had a party line and it w common to hear the other party breathing or her radio on in back ground as she listened in to our calls.

It's funny I can remember that phone number like it was yesterday but ask me my mobile and I have to text a family member so send it to me as I haven't a clue.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top