Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 12:46 PM

Re: Why Does My Internet Go Off At 21.45, Every Night?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's fair enough, then. It sounds like they are willing to help you with any problems.

There are so many problems with internet connection. Mine sometimes drops for a short time, but then comes back on.

Your messages may suggest some security matters in your computer rather than the router. Do you have internet security, such as Windows Defender or other antivirus software?
JBR, I thought Apple products had their own security built in?
Will it accept other antivirus software?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 01:18 PM

I also doubt this is an internet issue. It's more likely a problem with your iPad imho.

I'm guessing it is losing the wireless signal from your router and in the absence of that it goes to find the next internet source it can find. That might be your mobile phone for example if you have a smart phone that can act as a WiFi hotspot.

Does this happen at the same time every night because that's when you go to bed and move to another room that is a distance from the router?
If so, try staying in the same room as the router at the tim eyou normally lose your connection.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, I thought Apple products had their own security built in?
Will it accept other antivirus software?
Sorry Angel. I wasn't aware you are using Crapple, and I don't know whether it has its own antivirus or would accept other antivirus software.
I have never used Crapple products. They're unreasonably expensive and try to monopolise the market by not working with other companies' products.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Does this happen at the same time every night because that's when you go to bed and move to another room that is a distance from the router?
Surely you don't go to bed at 2145 every night, Angel?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I also doubt this is an internet issue. It's more likely a problem with your iPad imho.

I'm guessing it is losing the wireless signal from your router and in the absence of that it goes to find the next internet source it can find. That might be your mobile phone for example if you have a smart phone that can act as a WiFi hotspot.

If so, try staying in the same room as the router at the tim eyou normally lose your connection.
realist, I don’t have a wifi hotspot on my mobile phone.
When the internet went off each night at the same time was when l had the old router. I haven’t noticed if it goes off at 9.45 since, as l haven’t looked out for it. It was noticed more when my daughter was watching something on Netflix.

Me go to bed at 9.45? That’s a joke... more like 1am every night!
My iPad is working ok and the internet router is in a room next to the room l use the most.

Omah, said, upthread that the router has to settle in and l think it must be, as the green lights haven’t been darting about as much.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Sorry Angel. I wasn't aware you are using Crapple, and I don't know whether it has its own antivirus or would accept other antivirus software.
I have never used Crapple products. They're unreasonably expensive and try to monopolise the market by not working with other companies' products.

Ha! JBR, l love my Crapple!

No l don’t go to bed at 9.45, l go at about 1am. I don’t lie in the next morning, l have my hens who are waiting to be fed and their coops cleaned out!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 03:14 PM

Have you got a 'Screen Time' setting on your iPad? If so, is it turned on? (Needs to be Off).

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guid...ad1a175601/ios
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2019, 03:37 PM

Both my Apple Macintosh computers, one a MacBook Pro and the other a 27" iMac will run Windows 10 software if I wish them to as they are dual platform, but I don't. In the past, on an HP laptop running Vista, there were so many problems with upgrades that I gave up with it. The hard drive had become so full of files to do with upgrades that it took 30 minutes just to boot up each time!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ha! JBR, l love my Crapple!

No l don’t go to bed at 9.45, l go at about 1am. I don’t lie in the next morning, l have my hens who are waiting to be fed and their coops cleaned out!
Hi, Angel.

I usually go to bed at around 1am, but I do lie in the next morning. I have my goldfish to feed, but they can wait. They're very easy going.

Not so the cats, though, but Marge is usually up first to feed them!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-08-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Both my Apple Macintosh computers, one a MacBook Pro and the other a 27" iMac will run Windows 10 software if I wish them to as they are dual platform, but I don't. In the past, on an HP laptop running Vista, there were so many problems with upgrades that I gave up with it. The hard drive had become so full of files to do with upgrades that it took 30 minutes just to boot up each time!
Ah, but that's Vista! The most rubbish and most detested version of Windows ever!

Yes, I once had Vista too. I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
Personally, I found Windows 7 the best and easiest to use, though Windows 10 isn't too bad either... now that they've stopped trying to take over our computers with compulsory updates.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top