Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-06-2012, 06:54 PM

Re: I am still a child

I make a point of walking under ladders, of course!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 06:59 PM

I think a bit of silliness keeps you young, but the trick is to think it through a little before you jump in, as you can end up looking very silly indeed....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I make a point of walking under ladders, of course!
I do too My husband assures me that one day a pot of paint will for on my head or a bucket of dirty water.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think a bit of silliness keeps you young, but the trick is to think it through a little before you jump in, as you can end up looking very silly indeed....
Ah there speaks the voice of reason, my husband is also a reasonable person who looks at the pros and cons of everything he does. Sometimes when he has tided up his desk for instance, I want to go and untidy it again.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Ah there speaks the voice of reason, my husband is also a reasonable person who looks at the pros and cons of everything he does. Sometimes when he has tided up his desk for instance, I want to go and untidy it again.
Wow, there really is no limit to your impishness is there Cate....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

15-06-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
ha ha very funny Cate, I can just see you doing that as well So what's hubs doing with pinking shears in his office!! Dare I ask

I like playing with bubble wrap as well
When we are decorating the tops of the pots of jam he cuts the gingham with pinking shears so they don't fray and the edges. (Is that how you spell fray it looks really odd)?

Last night our marquee blew away, we had put it up for the show tomorrow and a gust of wind blew it into the next village. People were very kind and we will now sell our jam in the large food tent.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

15-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Wow, there really is no limit to your impishness is there Cate....
Being an imp is quite a cute thing and when you are six then you can be an imp. Hubs says I'm just a brat.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-06-2012, 07:55 PM

I usually end up looking very silly indeed, my kids keep threatening me with the funny farm. My husband would have packed me off there years ago if it wasn't for the fact I am now his carer!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

15-06-2012, 08:58 PM

As I always say a bit of silliness keeps you sane. Can you imagine Hitler being silly? or Stalin chopping up his trousers while he was wearing them? I like a bit of silly, some of the sanest people I have ever known were downright daft.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top