Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 08:53 PM

Re: Polite discourse vs hostility and rudeness

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Is Hitler here then?

Dukey's OK, he's a funny ol' <> but his heart's in the right place...he gets a bit cross sometimes
Still, don't we all?
Who me!!! Come down to our dark miserable cellar sometime, we need a sacrifice for the Gods to get out of the place.

The description I believe you are looking for is "Five finger shuffle". A throw of the dice
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Aaahhhh ruthio.
I think yu get the diliberate smelling mistake?
Well, Mister Tosspot,
I think I should report this smelly thread and get it moved to the Hahaha corner, contains Far Too Much Smut
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Smelling?
Please read above post!

PS
I bet that Azz is regretting doing this blinking (I am being very careful there) thread.

Shouldv not bovvered.
I doubt if anyone here is actually learning anything!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 08:57 PM

Well, Mister Tosspot,
I think I should report this smelly thread and get it moved to the Hahaha corner, contains Far Too Much Smut
Don't worry Ruthio.
I am going to have my evening meal now and watch a film off Netflix.
When I get back here later in the evening, that is just what I expect will have happened!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I bet that Azz is regretting doing this blinking (I am being very careful there) thread.

Shouldv not bovvered.
I doubt if anyone here is actually learning anything!
Well some of us aren't even bothering to read it ! lol
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 09:31 PM

I have to sympathise with Azz and the Mods. Do what seems to be a good thing and it ends up being derailed and mocked.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 09:36 PM

OK OK so this is a polite question for Azz...

If w××××× is considered an expletive and gets removed, then how come tosser doesn't?
It wasn't an expletive at all! An expletive is swearing and I wasn't swearing, that's what you do when you're cross and I wasn't cross.

But I admit it was bad, but then he IS!!!
If you call someone a wanker - it will get removed (if we see it or it's reported)
If you call someone a tosser - it will get removed (again, if we are alerted to it)

Of course other factors might come into play, such as how busy the mods are, the recipients participation in the thread, etc but usually personal insults like that are removed.

Hope that helps explain.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I have to sympathise with Azz and the Mods. Do what seems to be a good thing and it ends up being derailed and mocked.
The derailers and mockers don't do themselves any favours Mart
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 09:53 PM

The thread seems have blown itself out with no more sensible solutions.....So are we done here?
Because it keeps appearing in my e-mail box and when I have a look it's just banter now.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
If you call someone a wanker - it will get removed (if we see it or it's reported)
If you call someone a tosser - it will get removed (again, if we are alerted to it)

Of course other factors might come into play, such as how busy the mods are, the recipients participation in the thread, etc but usually personal insults like that are removed.

Hope that helps explain.
Yes it does, thank you Azz

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top