Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 04:49 PM

A bit of a dilemma

Where I work men are in a minority as we're outnumbered about 10 - 1 by the women but it never bothered me much.

It still doesn't of course, except for one thing now - I've got another admirer.

Now I'm a happily married man and quite proud of that so I'll never, EVER be looking around for two simple reasons - I love my wife dearly and I've absolutely no reason whatsoever to even contemplate any kind of liasons-dangereuses.

I got a Christmas card on the 24th - left in the office for me and it was anonymous, but I know it was from her.

Simple enough thing normally you'd think, and so would I - normally - but the sender has a "thing" about me and, despite the fact that my job doesn't, (or shouldn't), bring me into contact with her, apart from maintenance-related issues, she seems to be everywhere I go, bumping into me at almost any opportunity.

She's a very nice lady but it became obvious to me that she was attracted to me - I'm old enough to read all the signs; even more so perhaps, as I'm deaf so, what do I do?

I can't be rude and ignore her; that'd be a bit cruel, but her best friend at work knows too - I know for sure because of a look she gave me when her friend was talking to me yesterday!

I'm hoping this will fade with time like the last one, although that one still gives me those smouldering looks with her huge brown eyes, (God it's a hard life being a Maintenance Man!).

Any ideas?

I've tried the old play-with-your-wedding-ring thing - she ignores it!! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 04:55 PM

Re: A bit of a dilemma

Shes a 'hussy' !
Just be polite and walk on - bloomin' cheek of her - cant stand women like that ! If she keeps on - give her the elbow - sharp and quick !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 05:05 PM

Well i feel its best to be honest with her, tell her you are happily married, she cant help what she feels but she is expending her feelings on a lost cause.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Shes a 'hussy' !
Just be polite and walk on - bloomin' cheek of her - cant stand women like that ! If she keeps on - give her the elbow - sharp and quick !
You tell em Patsy

Steve I would just be polite when/ if you come into contact with this person and ignore any 'unwanted behaviour'.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You tell em Patsy
Steve I would just be polite when/ if you come into contact with this person and ignore any 'unwanted behaviour'.
Yeah, I'll do that Meg - Thanks - can't think what else to do without being nasty.

I had a problem like this before where I work, although some men might think "What problem?!"

I was outside working when the other one came out and the end of her shift, about 4 months ago.

Her husband / partner / boyfriend (dunno - don't care!) was sitting in his car, waiting, but I didn't realise who he was until this lady came out.

To me it seemed like she made a point of saying "See you tomorrow" to me, in front of him, and I got a glowering look from him - I hadn't done anything - but he glared at me every time he saw my after that!

I'm hoping it'll all blow over - and soon!

I've had worse but won't go into that - not relevant. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 05:25 PM

The thing is she 'knows' you're married - so she needs telling in no uncertain terms if she keeps on ! You can only be polite so long ......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

01-01-2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The thing is she 'knows' you're married - so she needs telling in no uncertain terms if she keeps on ! You can only be polite so long ......
Yeah, I know Patsy. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Well ...... dont 'um and ah then - a man gotta do whats right ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Steve, I reckon although someone is already married, that doesn't necessarily mean they are happily married, so she is probably wanting to know if she's in with a chance. I think the best plan is to try and bring your wife into every possible conversation, talk of her very affectionately, say no one could measure up to her etc. The hussy will soon get the message because no woman would want to hear you constantly praising another woman, so she will get the message that pursuing you is futile. Job done without being unkind.

(p.s. If that fails - tell her to sod off. )
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2014, 06:01 PM

Thats right - when she 'bumps' into you, blurt out - 'I'm a happily married man !' then run for them hills !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top