Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 07:29 PM

Re: Poetic Justice?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don't know about a troll but all this publicity for him is starting to make him sound like a 'Living Legend'!!
Would it not be best to just ignore?
I do, but these people who keep responding to him just encourage him.
That's what turns trolls on - the attention and responses.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
He's not upsetting me any. When I respond to him, I'm simply giving him my opinion. People that truly upset me and cause me to say things I wouldn't normally say otherwise, those are the ones I ignore.

I personally don't feel that he's going overboard in 'attacking' me or anything. He's simply doing what I'm doing, voicing his opinion. Yeah, he's taken a couple of jabs, but maybe it's just because I haven't understood a couple of the points he was trying to make.

I don't consider my communication with him as over-the-top or trollish at all. Perhaps he's been that way with others in the past and, yeah, he's good at being slippery with his jabs while trying to make them not seem like jabs, but it's nothing that has upset me to where I'm ready to bail the conversation. So far I think it's been pretty civil between ALL of us. Conversations of this type can escalate out of control and become ugly very quickly, but I personally feel we've been able to hold down this discussion in a fairly adult manner.

There's my .02
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 08:02 AM

How do you know that .... personal experience ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
How do you know that .... personal experience ?
I and, of course, other members of another forum which I visit daily have encountered a number of trolls. It is my experience that continued responses to their provocative posts only serves to encourage them. When they are universally ignored, they invariably disappear quite quickly.

If people here enjoy that sort of thing, though, I have no objection to them continuing their interactions. However, if they tire of it I am making a suggestion that will best obviate the problem. I hope you don't mind.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 01:45 PM

I guess I'm just used to other forums and message boards where there are REAL trolls; people who post nasty comments just to entice and enrage other posters.

If Pumicestone is a 'troll', he's one of the milder ones. I don't consider him a troll and I'm not responding to him because I "enjoy" provoking him; I'm just having a conversation and that's about as deep as it gets.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-12-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I guess I'm just used to other forums and message boards where there are REAL trolls; people who post nasty comments just to entice and enrage other posters.

If Pumicestone is a 'troll', he's one of the milder ones. I don't consider him a troll and I'm not responding to him because I "enjoy" provoking him; I'm just having a conversation and that's about as deep as it gets.
Fair enough. As I said, this is a matter of personal choice and whether or not a person is termed a 'troll' depends also on personal opinion.

As far as I'm concerned, someone who relies on calling people names in order to try to get their message across deserves the title!
Linda0818
USA

11-12-2015, 08:38 PM

Fair enough. As I said, this is a matter of personal choice and whether or not a person is termed a 'troll' depends also on personal opinion.

As far as I'm concerned, someone who relies on calling people names in order to try to get their message across deserves the title!
Well, I won't argue with that one. But, like I said, it hasn't bothered me any... yet
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 04:56 AM

.... someone who relies on (?) calling people names in order to try to get their message across deserves the title!
On several occasions JB has said he never reads my posts (should I slash my wrists ? ) and yet ......
.... this particular antipodean colonial has not insulted me.
.... I never reply to his insane posts
.... I accused the antipodeans of being 'tr***s', which was considered unacceptable by the mods.

And
, talking about desperate human beings
... this infestation is a co-ordinated plan...
The fact that the locusts are choosing to come to Western nations
.... we already have more leeches than we want.
and
.... I see Christians as weak-minded people

all good fun !

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top