Join for free
View Poll Results: How often are your trips to London?
I never ever go (reasons why?) 8 22.22%
I used to go but not any more (reasons why?) 16 44.44%
Once a year 5 13.89%
More than 3 times a year 2 5.56%
More than 6 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 06:25 PM

Re: When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life: Samuel Johnson

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Many of your perspectives are akin to the way I feel about New York City. It makes me sad that some people come to the U.S. and never see the most beautiful parts of the country. Even so, with the right advice a trip there with fresh eyes can be an incredible experience...

So, when I visit the UK...do you think you all could be convinced to point me in the right direction?

Absolutely darlin', absolutely!!!

This my pad by the sea (English Channel) and only 53 miles from London

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...p=yhs-adk_sbnt
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Many of your perspectives are akin to the way I feel about New York City. It makes me sad that some people come to the U.S. and never see the most beautiful parts of the country. Even so, with the right advice a trip there with fresh eyes can be an incredible experience...

So, when I visit the UK...do you think you all could be convinced to point me in the right direction?
Of course. Some lovely places: Bradford, Leicester, Birmingham, Luton and, of course, most of London!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 07:36 PM

Don't you take any notice of these men, Surfermom, the devils are having you on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't you take any notice of these men, Surfermom, the devils are having you on.
Mups is right.

If you let us know what parts of the UK you intend to visit, I'm sure we can give you a list of places that are safe to visit.

EDIT: And your particular interests: history, landscapes, etc.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2017, 08:04 PM

Hi

You could come local to me.

If it is good enough for Harrison Ford to spend his honeymoon here, you may also like it.

Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol was filmed 14 miles away due to all the historic buildings, all timber framed, some 600 years old.

You won't get any surfing, but if you fancy white water rafting that is 40 minutes away.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-08-2017, 08:09 PM

Some will accuse me of being biased, but God's County is by far the best part of the UK.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you, Mups, I picked up on that...and somehow invisioned myself in an alley, at midnight, in a neglected part of a decaying city with a printout of this thread...scratching my head....

Not to worry; when some of these gentlefolk come to the US, I can be equally magnanimous with a tour map of my own Detroit would be a lovely place to start.

JBR, I will definitiely make a list when I get closer in...I know there will be difficult choices to make!

Swimfeeders, I am making note of your locale. It sounds lovely.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top