Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Harbal's Avatar
Harbal
Senior Member
Harbal is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 3,092
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 10:10 AM
11

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
So,spineless, Jellyfish has done another U turn! Last week,no covid passports, today,announced, "well,ive chucked my teddy out the pram,because i got caught out trying to dodge self isolating ",so I've changed my mind,covid passports will be "compulsory"so much for "freedom", and getting back to "normal", normal was not having covid passports! Just another name for electronic identity cards!
It's all about control! Always was! Stage by stage! And gullible idiots keep falling for the lies! If you do this,if you do that,etc,yeah right!
Wave goodbye to all your freedom, and liberty and say hello to 1984!
Back in lockdown by September!
And just for the record, ive had covid,bad,and survived without an untested vaccine jab,that the government and pharmaceutical companies are unable to be sued for any deaths from having it! Thats a red flag straight away! Why make sure you cant be sued if its "safe"?
And no,I'm not an antivaxer. And I'm in the vulnerable category of dying! Been there,done tgat,a few tines,no Angels playing harps,no bright lights,no visions, just,dead!
According to medical experts, when i had covid, in 2019,and survived, so my body will "recognize " next time the virus strikes,so have "natural immunity". Hey guess what,im still alive,but from September, if i want to go anywhere, i need to get injected with a trial,experimental drug,well, I'm not a laboratory animal,in ten years time,when all the people jabbed by their own choice, not the vulnerable or elderly,like myself, are dropping dead,and incapacitated,it'll be,well,it was your choice!
I don't know what you're talking about, Gaz, because I haven't heard any news for ages, but it's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about either.
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Chatterbox
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,768
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 10:33 AM
12

Re: Another U turn!

A stunning success in the vaccine roll out followed by the scandalous failure of test and trace system.

PM in quarantine after 'briefly' considering bypassing the rules with trial testing scheme.

No clear direction or planning.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 11:33 AM
13

Re: Another U turn!

There is no easy cure-all answer for what the country & indeed the whole world is going through.
There are no precedents - and worse, it doesn't matter what gets done because no matter what it would be, somebody will disagree.

Instead of wasting electrons complaining, why can't the constant whingers suggest something workable as a realistic alternative?
I know why; because they can't.
They just like moaning, it seems.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,727
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 11:36 AM
14

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->


Sometimes I get the impression that some people on finding a fiver in the street would moan that it wasn't a twenty.
Wouldn't you?
Gaz55
Senior Member
Gaz55 is offline
UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,104
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 11:55 AM
15

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't know what you're talking about, Gaz, because I haven't heard any news for ages, but it's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about either.
Obviously its hard to hear any news lately, as its,a well known fact that Trolls living under bridges, don't get to hear much,apart from footsteps!

Jellyfish has not ruled out extending the scheme to other parts of hospitality, so that's his next U turn,it will be pubs and restaurants, then shops,doctor surgeries,hospitals, etc.
Amazing how passport not needed while Euro and Wimbledon was on,with government and celebrity and royalty attendant, but now passport needed for Joe Bloggs and Co. ?
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Chatterbox
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,768
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 12:40 PM
16

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
There is no easy cure-all answer for what the country & indeed the whole world is going through.
There are no precedents - and worse, it doesn't matter what gets done because no matter what it would be, somebody will disagree.

Instead of wasting electrons complaining, why can't the constant whingers suggest something workable as a realistic alternative?
I know why; because they can't.
They just like moaning, it seems.
People are rightly concerned about the amount spent on track and trace.

A significant detail that big decisions with vast spending implications being made in a blind rush by ministers in total panic.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 24,056
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 12:52 PM
17

Re: Another U turn!

Hi

Two important considerations.

The vaccine rollout was organised by the NHS, Politicians have had little to do with it.

Track and Trace was awarded to a Tory Baroness to organise, at huge cost with contracts given to those who knew naff all about it.
Harbal's Avatar
Harbal
Senior Member
Harbal is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 3,092
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 01:00 PM
18

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Obviously its hard to hear any news lately, as its,a well known fact that Trolls living under bridges, don't get to hear much,apart from footsteps!

Jellyfish has not ruled out extending the scheme to other parts of hospitality, so that's his next U turn,it will be pubs and restaurants, then shops,doctor surgeries,hospitals, etc.
Amazing how passport not needed while Euro and Wimbledon was on,with government and celebrity and royalty attendant, but now passport needed for Joe Bloggs and Co. ?
Well I have no desire to go anywhere, so none of it matters a jot to me. If you want to get yourself all worked up over things you have no control of, Gaz, that's your choice, but I know you won't begrudge my being a bit more relaxed about it.
Gaz55
Senior Member
Gaz55 is offline
UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,104
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 01:32 PM
19

Re: Another U turn!

In this heat,under a bridge in the shade, ignoring the trampling of hobnail boots across the bridge of liberty and freedom,to a back to "normal" life before covid,not my idea of a solitary existence, but whatever floats each individual's boat along the stream!
Harbal's Avatar
Harbal
Senior Member
Harbal is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 3,092
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-07-2021, 02:07 PM
20

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
ignoring the trampling of hobnail boots across the bridge of liberty and freedom
If you say so, Gaz.

If anybody comes across a sense of proportion lying about somewhere, please return it to Gaz, he's lost it.
 
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.