Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 12:00 PM

Re: Eat out to Help out.

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
You have no idea if someone has covid-19 or not, unless they have had a test. Not everyone shows symptoms of the virus.
You must do what think best MP, and I'll go out and and enjoy a meal. You did mention that eating out is not something you would do anyway. I always weigh up the risk before doing something and will obey the current rules, but I will not be intimidated by the media like so many have....
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

28-07-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You must do what think best MP, and I'll go out and and enjoy a meal. You did mention that eating out is not something you would do anyway. I always weigh up the risk before doing something and will obey the current rules, but I will not be intimidated by the media like so many have....
You should take the risk of catching the virus seriously, otherwise you could end up getting it and costing the NHS money that could be put to better use.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 08:49 PM

You should take the risk of catching the virus seriously, otherwise you could end up getting it and costing the NHS money that could be put to better use.
Hell MP, the cost to the NHS would be the last thing I would think about if I caught the virus. My life is the most important thing to me.......
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hell MP, the cost to the NHS would be the last thing I would think about if I caught the virus. My life is the most important thing to me.......
In which case I hope you are way down the queue when it comes to getting treatment!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 08:46 AM

In which case I hope you are way down the queue when it comes to getting treatment!
Hi

You can eat out safely.

Guy and I would never dream of going out into town on an evening or to a Weatherspoons at the moment.

We are both in and out of Hospital.

We do have some nice local places where you can safely go to and eat outside.

Family owned, socially distanced and in the fresh air.

A nice trip out .
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:42 AM

All things considered the only eating out we'll be doing is taking a small but well packed picnic hamper somewhere picturesque and relatively quite.
I'm still not comfortable with eateries yet, anyway all the protective measures just seem to take the gloss off the experience as far as I'm concerned although I fully appreciate the need for them. We shall be giving it a miss.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-07-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You can eat out safely.

Guy and I would never dream of going out into town on an evening or to a Weatherspoons at the moment.

We are both in and out of Hospital.

We do have some nice local places where you can safely go to and eat outside.

Family owned, socially distanced and in the fresh air.

A nice trip out .
Thank you Swim.......Common sense prevails.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-07-2020, 10:32 AM

Thanks for your concern Monkey.....
However; It's a good job the brave and heroic Doctors and Nurses don't take your attitude Monkey. The NHS will still be around when I'm long gone, and my passing will have about as much impression on them as a fart in a gale....
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 11:31 AM

When it came to treating patients at the height of the crisis, the NHS staff had hard decisions to make. Younger people were apparently first in the queue.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:38 AM

When it came to treating patients at the height of the crisis, the NHS staff had hard decisions to make. Younger people were apparently first in the queue.
That's really interesting. Can you source some kind of statistical evidence so that we can look further into this?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top