Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Is it 'so' difficult to park ........

a car 'between' the lines in a car park - or do they just prefer to take up two spaces - Ggrrrrrrrrr
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Re: Is it 'so' difficult to park ........

It amazes me how many people cannot park between the lines in a car park or do some people just not care.

If they were in a paying car park they would get a parking ticket, wouldn't they.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Sometimes you have no choice but to park between the lines because a big 4x4 has taken up a whole space and everyone else parking has to allow space to get out of their car doors and the affect is accumulative ..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 11:29 AM

4 x 4's are a blooming nuisance. Apart from anything else, I wonder how young families can afford such a luxury.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sometimes you have no choice but to park between the lines because a big 4x4 has taken up a whole space and everyone else parking has to allow space to get out of their car doors and the affect is accumulative ..
Personally I don't think that they allow enough space . You need the width of a car plus open doors plus a bit more in case you are not central and you never get that much.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Personally I don't think that they allow enough space . You need the width of a car plus open doors plus a bit more in case you are not central and you never get that much.
Doesn't excuse them though. Its sheer arrogance, I see them come into our car park and just land wherever they do. No checking All too much in a rush it seems.
People struggle to get into their car, because the other one is so near - or they take up 2 spaces !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 01:49 PM

I know what you mean, Patsy. If it's unavoidable because of how others have parked then fair enough, but if people just ignore the markings and park anywhere it is sheer laziness and very inconsiderate.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 02:09 PM

No probs mine has self parking all i have to do is show which side the gap is on the screen and the car does the rest apart from gears and speed
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 02:13 PM

many drivers don't use their mirrors to enable them to park between lines preferring guesswork, you can make it easy or hard
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-10-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
many drivers don't use their mirrors to enable them to park between lines preferring guesswork, you can make it easy or hard
Like I said its a case of wherever they land and that will do, I could wring their bloomin necks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top