Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 03:37 PM

Re: Is it 'so' difficult to park ........

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No probs mine has self parking all i have to do is show which side the gap is on the screen and the car does the rest apart from gears and speed
Oooo - I doubt I could trust that technology and would park it meself ......
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Doesn't excuse them though. Its sheer arrogance, I see them come into our car park and just land wherever they do. No checking All too much in a rush it seems.
People struggle to get into their car, because the other one is so near - or they take up 2 spaces !
I will go along with that Patsy......it's the me, me, me mentality.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 05:07 PM

I've asked a lady twice if she could leave enough room for Hubs to actually get into his car, what does she do - just that - leaves the front end clear enough with the backside of the car still close ! Making it difficult to get to the back of our car to remove shopping !
So, instead of parking 'straight' - 99 per cent she's at an angle
You need the patience of a saint to live here, something I lack ......
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 05:37 PM

There was a Mini taking two parking spaces on the shopping centre car par this morning, good job it wasn't a 4x4 or they would have needed three spaces.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-10-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
There was a Mini taking two parking spaces on the shopping centre car par this morning, good job it wasn't a 4x4 or they would have needed three spaces.
Seen that happen here by a visitor - wherever they land that's it - sod the rest of us
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
4 x 4's are a blooming nuisance. Apart from anything else, I wonder how young families can afford such a luxury.
Cheaper than many other cars Alice, no one much wants them second hand. That's how we got ours.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 05:47 PM

I'm afraid my parking might not please most of you as I usually take up a couple of spaces if I can; usually in the furthest corner of the car park. This is to stop someone opening their car door into mine and denting it.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by BoyRacer ->
I'm afraid my parking might not please most of you as I usually take up a couple of spaces if I can; usually in the furthest corner of the car park. This is to stop someone opening their car door into mine and denting it.
I agree!
I drive a Rover 75 and if you were to see the dents in the doors, caused by other drivers' car doors, then you would take up two spaces to avoid any more damage!...

The spaces should be at least 6" to 8" wider than they currently are.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Or - they should bring back the rubber trims !
As for me, I always open me door very carefully, never have I scraped anyones car - pity we're not all like me !
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 06:39 PM

Friend of mine has printed out notices saying "Abandon car - police aware" notices that he shoves under the Windscreen wipers of offending parkers.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top