Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 04:36 PM

Re: Guardian Angels

send it to meh!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
send it to meh!
again .....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 05:39 PM

I'm a bit hypocritical when it comes to such things. I don't believe there's an actual "heaven" or "hell". I don't believe there are "angels" with wings and halos. I don't believe we all go to one or other place. I do believe that there is some sort of force or energy. I believe it comes from those who have passed on before us. I can't explain it. I don't believe they're flying above us . I just think they make us aware of their presence at times, particularly at difficult times. It can be a smell of cigarette smoke or scent or the likes. It all sounds silly, but I know what I mean lol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There are no angels of any kind I would say, or fairies/gods/santa clause either

I'm the opposite to you there Meg. (Except I've grown out of Santa Clause now).
I have many books on this subject and find it very interesting AC.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm the opposite to you there Meg. (Except I've grown out of Santa Clause now).
I have many books on this subject and find it very interesting AC.
Yes I totally believe in Guardian angels, ghosts, paranormal activity.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 11:55 PM

Something happened to me years ago that I can still see vividly and feel it too.

I was lazing in bed one morning, it was around 10am, I was thinking of my sister who had passed away recently, I was lying on my side when suddenly I was engulfed inside a bright light, something touched me all over, it was like a huge hug that shook me from top to toe.

Initially I felt scared but then I felt wonderful, the feeling was sublime, I was being held and it felt like a warm caress, a feeling of pure ecstasy, it lasted only moments but it felt like several minutes, I thought it was my sister coming back to let me know she was around me.

Recently when my mum passed away I went to her local church, I'm not a religious person but I just wanted to be alone there with my thoughts as mum was very spiritual and I felt it was what she would have wanted me to do, say a private goodbye..

A member of the church came and sat beside me, I told her why I was there and we said a short prayer together, I then told her what had happened as the feelings and the memory had never left me, she said she was certain it was The Holy Spirit who comes to those who need comfort.

When I got home I searched the internet and found many images not unlike my experience showing a person wrapped inside a bright light and I was absolutely gobsmacked!

It is said that when you've lost someone and pray for guidance, when life becomes hard and you miss that special person and you're grieving every day that eventually you may receive a Visitation.

If anyone had told me this before I wouldn't have believed it because grief can overtake your senses and change you in many ways but it happened to me and I'm thankful it did..
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 12:09 AM

How wonderful Honey & such a special story!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

08-10-2014, 12:16 AM

thanks AC, it gives me comfort and I have needed it recently but I'm getting stronger every day and the tears have subsided
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Lovely story, Honey. I do have some belief in spiritual things, but I don't think they constitute a guardian angel. I think it's something quite different. But who knows?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Something happened to me years ago that I can still see vividly and feel it too.

I was lazing in bed one morning, it was around 10am, I was thinking of my sister who had passed away recently, I was lying on my side when suddenly I was engulfed inside a bright light, something touched me all over, it was like a huge hug that shook me from top to toe.

Initially I felt scared but then I felt wonderful, the feeling was sublime, I was being held and it felt like a warm caress, a feeling of pure ecstasy, it lasted only moments but it felt like several minutes, I thought it was my sister coming back to let me know she was around me.

Recently when my mum passed away I went to her local church, I'm not a religious person but I just wanted to be alone there with my thoughts as mum was very spiritual and I felt it was what she would have wanted me to do, say a private goodbye..

A member of the church came and sat beside me, I told her why I was there and we said a short prayer together, I then told her what had happened as the feelings and the memory had never left me, she said she was certain it was The Holy Spirit who comes to those who need comfort.

When I got home I searched the internet and found many images not unlike my experience showing a person wrapped inside a bright light and I was absolutely gobsmacked!

It is said that when you've lost someone and pray for guidance, when life becomes hard and you miss that special person and you're grieving every day that eventually you may receive a Visitation.

If anyone had told me this before I wouldn't have believed it because grief can overtake your senses and change you in many ways but it happened to me and I'm thankful it did..
Have absolutely no doubt that happened Honey - a lovely memory to treasure ............

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top