Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 11:45 AM

Re: eye contact

Sorry cranberry, I can't see your eyes either. Staring at a vase with flowers is just not proper eye contact.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 12:03 PM

Talking about your chest Mr. P reminded me of years ago, when I was in my twenties there was a girl who worked in the office of a small firm I worked for, she was the giddy type, when she came out to the workshop with an order she always started up a conversation.
Now imagine this, I’m sitting on a stool bent over at a bench doing my work, she’s behind me with the piece of paper in her hand, I stop what I’m doing and turn around to face her, I take the order off her and turn back to my work, I’m on piecework by the way. She continues talking, usually about where she went last night and what she did, I haven’t the slightest interest what she did or where she went, I’m only interested in getting the work done. When she was in full flight she would start to push you on the shoulder going from one to the other until you stopped work and turned around again, you’d be black and blue by the time she was finished, how I hated to see her coming and I was grateful when she got married suddenly and left.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 12:20 PM

Sounds like she was extremely keen on eye contact.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 12:52 PM

It doesn't bother me, there are many reasons for looking elsewhere, I never make eye contact with tall people because I would get neck ache; then there are people I don't like; there might be something more interesting going on behind them ... loads of non-sinister reasons.

I used to know a man who made eye contact when he was lying, I remember a time he was quivering all over with the effort of keeping his eyes glued to mine that I knew it must be a howling great lie, and it was
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

17-10-2014, 09:54 AM

I find it hard to trust people who find it hard to make eye contact. Perhaps some are just extremely shy. Others may have something to hide or are rude by nature.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I find it hard to trust people who find it hard to make eye contact. Perhaps some are just extremely shy. Others may have something to hide or are rude by nature.
Just supposing, you are in a group of about six people, all different heights ... what do you do?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Yes, unless they're extremely shy, I find it a bit rude. Unless they have some sort of defect, then of course it's completely understandable.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Eye contact every time..unless They have a squint, oops! ;~)
May, that did make me giggle. Not laughing at someone having a squint, but it just sounded funny
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
Just supposing, you are in a group of about six people, all different heights ... what do you do?
That is a tricky one M&M.
Maybe this would work. You get a big mirror, place it on the floor then form a circle and all look into the mirror when talking.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

17-10-2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
Now you are being silly. If your eyes are stuck in a certain position you just move your head instead. You should still be able to look the person you're talking to in the eye.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top