Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:33 AM

Re: eye contact

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Jem, but what annoys me more than anything, is when they continue a conversation with their colleague whilst serving me.
Wow that winds me up big time, and they continue talking when it is time for you to pay for your items. I have had one assistant just hold her hand out for the money.

I just stood there and said I will wait for you to finish your chat then maybe you could tell me how much it is. Why is it that you always feel in the wrong.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Jem, but what annoys me more than anything, is when they continue a conversation with their colleague whilst serving me.
Big nod in agreement with this. Personally I think it's just rude.

I'm not in their position so it's difficult to comment why they do this, but if it's a supervisor talking to one of the counter staff then they should do so when they are not with a customer or at least apologise to the customer. The counter staff is being put in an awkward position of ignoring their boss or ignoring a customer.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Blimey, I thought it was just me who had this problem with people serving! I also had to wait in a supermarket recently while my cashier idly chatted with the one next to her. I'm a polite lady, normally, so whaddaya do?!

But besides lack of eye contact, my hate is also when in a group of people, I'm trying to say my comments, or recount a story, start to initiate that conversation to a particular person, and they straightaway start talking to someone else! How fricking rude!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Blimey, I thought it was just me who had this problem with people serving! I also had to wait in a supermarket recently while my cashier idly chatted with the one next to her. I'm a polite lady, normally, so whaddaya do?!

But besides lack of eye contact, my hate is also when in a group of people, I'm trying to say my comments, or recount a story, start to initiate that conversation to a particular person, and they straightaway start talking to someone else! How fricking rude!!!!!
The height of rudeness !
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

28-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Mind you, when some folk start a conversation it is better to jump in and divert the attention of the group to something else. Either they are going to bore the pants off others, or gossip unpleasantly!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 07:35 PM

Jazzi, my partner would completely stop his conversation and refuses to go back to it if he was interrupted. It drives him to distraction and he sees it as being so very rude. if they come back to his conversation then he tells them to forget it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:22 PM

I have been known to walk off in cases like this.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:39 PM

I have been known to walk off in cases like this.
Quite right. You can't just dismiss someones conversation. Well, some people do. It's so rude.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

29-10-2014, 09:40 AM

My husband is friendly with an elderly bloke, who is a nice guy, but can bore for the world, once he gets going! When he phones he tries to engage me in conversation, but after the usual pleasantries, I politely, but firmly, hand the phone over to my husband otherwise I would be there all day!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top