Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 09:27 PM

Early Christmas!

We went for our evening walk and lo and behold we came upon a house with a large Christmas tree in all its glory standing proud in the window, made me shudder it did

When do you put up your tree?

I usually do mine around 2 weeks before, last year my mum had just passed away so it was a bad time for me and just to make matters worse my gas fire had nearly poisoned me with carbon monoxide!

Thing can only get better
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 09:45 PM

Re: Early Christmas!

Ridiculous, far too early for a Christmas tree Honey, my missus loves dressing up the tree but leaves it until about three week before Christmas.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 09:49 PM

Early December for me. Although our little bedroom looks like Santas Grotto. With so many kids in the family we cant leave present buying till the last minute.com
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 10:29 PM

I usually do just a small tree around my birthday 13th Dec, and take it down after my son's birthday 31st Dec. The dates remind me to get on with it!
Don't know what to do this year yet, it'll be a strange Christmas without Mum.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 10:47 PM

I put my tree up one week before Christmas.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I usually do just a small tree around my birthday 13th Dec, and take it down after my son's birthday 31st Dec. The dates remind me to get on with it!
Don't know what to do this year yet, it'll be a strange Christmas without Mum.
last Christmas was very low key for me, this year I feel it will be easier to deal with as I'm coming to terms with losing mum and although the sadness remains it has lessened with time, there's no point in dwelling on the past, I can't change anything nor turn the clock back but I can move on
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:24 AM

Like m, father before me Christmas Eve is the time for my tree. His birthday was the 23rd of December, when i was married usually two weeks before Christmas. In many ways just another day for me.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 07:46 AM

We put our indoor one up a couple of weeks before Christmas.
But our outside one (an old fake fir tree that was given to us) goes out on the deck at the beginning of December. We only put lights on it.
(Hubby screws it into the deck so the wind doesn't carry it away. It's happened!)
It gets covered in snow, and is lovely to look at in the evening.
It's placed quite near some of the bird feeders, so during the day we get to see a number of little birdies sitting in it.
The outside one is bigger than the inside one! Works for me!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:33 AM

I haven't put a tree up for 5 years now. i couldn't stomach it to be honest. This year will be different and I'll get a small tree. It'll go up probably mid December.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:11 AM

There is a family down the road from us put theirs up first week of October, they first did it the year their 12 year old daughter was told her cancer was so advanced she would not make Christmas, and they wanted to celebrate one last time with her, from then on they have had their Christmas in October as a memory of her.
Another family have theirs in November as that tends to be when their son gets his leave and comes home from Iraq, 5 years they have been doing that.

When I see people with decorations up early I always think of those families.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top