Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:38 AM

Re: Early Christmas!

It varies when I put up my christmas tree, ideally I like to have it up 1st week of December and buy a bottle of port same time. I enjoy having a tot each evening throughout December.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 02:47 PM

I have an artificial Christmas tree that I brought with me from South Africa. Its about 2 feet tall and I usually put it up the 3rd week in December. I normally have it on a low chest in the living room but this year I'll have to find somewhere else to put it because my little black devil, Gwylim, seems to think that anything on a coffee table looks better on the floor!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 09:14 AM

I have an artificial tree (think I gave the other one away), fibre optic, but don't have a table top or surface for it to stand on. Decorations are usually the coloured wotsits that drape around things, about a metre long. (What's it called?)

Told you about the house a mile and a bit away that had put up their external lights end of September! That is being ridiculous, now.

Will I bother this year? Hard to get into the excitement of it all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 09:53 AM

I think if they have a family member that is unlikely to make Christmas and that is important to them, then it is quite natural to celebrate it with that family member early. It is very much a personal/private thing for them. My heart goes out to them if this is the case.

It's like our lovely Linda Bellingham who is praying hard to make Christmas to spend with her family. If that was me I would bring my Christmas early in such circumstances rather than miss that favourite time with your family.
God bless her and give her the time to see her family through Christmas.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
We went for our evening walk and lo and behold we came upon a house with a large Christmas tree in all its glory standing proud in the window, made me shudder it did

When do you put up your tree?
Not sure if I will this year (I have been saying that for a while) but if I do it is usually the beginning of December. You have to have it up for a reasonable time to make all that effort worthwhile.

I haven't had a repeat of the year when I took it down in May though.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 03:11 PM

I love Christmas so much, can"t wait to get Decs. up usually decorate the first week in December.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

25-10-2014, 03:47 PM

I put very minimalist decorations up in the sitting room only, no tree, on December 1st and dispose of Christmas until the following year on December 27th. I long for the day when the only cards one will receive are e-cards. Throwing cards out as soon as Christmas is over seems such a waste, even if they do go for recycling.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 04:18 PM

When we were children father would put up the tree on 22nd of December to 'let the branches settle', then on Christmas eve Santa's elves would decorate it after we had gone to bed !
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:57 PM

I normally put the artificial big tree up and the other decs on 1st December but I have got to the point that I do not know whether I can be bothered this year. I cannot seem to conjure up any Christmas spirit. Sad, aren't I?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:06 PM

I love Christmas and all the things that go with it but don't put the tree up til around 14/15 December, early enough and I take it down New Years Day.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top