Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:27 PM

Re: Early Christmas!

Usually we put our Christmas decorations up once Halloween has finished.

But this last couple of years because of one thing and another we are doing less and less.

I threw my Christmas tree away last year and I am not replacing it. The Santas grotto that used to be our house is now only having a couple of displays. If we even get round to that.

We are getting rid of most of our decorations, giving them to the chap next door to sell at a table top for the boy scouts hut.

I think we will leave it to others now and just take a wander on a night time to look at peoples houses who have kids.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 05:04 PM

I donīt put decorations up but I have a tree. Iīm not very traditional and last year I bought a big red tree, I love it, not sure everyone else does though. Last year I decided on all tree decorations being silver, this year I think I fancy blue, not sure yet, but it will go up a couple of weeks before Christmas. We usually have some outside lights too but this year they wonīt cost in electricity, we have long coloured strings of solar lights.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 06:50 PM

We're off to Oz in November and have been told we'll be going to a Christmas dinner that's been arranged. The lady who's arranging it has family all over the world and they'll all be in Oz in November, so she's having Christmas dinner then. It'll be a bit strange
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:34 AM

Today I saw a placard up advertising 29th November the Christmas lights in town will all be turned on.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:28 AM

My tree will go up two weeks before Christmas. Sad to say we have no little ones in the family any more, so the tree will be our only Christmas decs.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:30 AM

My tree will go up two weeks before Christmas. Sad to say we have no little ones in the family any more, so the tree will be our only Christmas decs.

We will however have a trip into Manchester to visit the Christmas market, I love the atmosphere.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:10 PM

I don't tend to put up decorations, but I had a 'late' Christmas a few years ago.

I was working over Christmas so I couldn't get home to my family (it involved flights). I spent Christmas Day at a friends house and that was enjoyable, because they had two children and they always make Christmas fun. Unfortunately the 100mph storm we had that day took out the electricity.

However, a couple of months later in February I did manage to get home to see my family for my Mum and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary and they had put up the Christmas decorations and we even had a Christmas lunch. It was weird, but really nice of them

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top