Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:04 AM

Product Changes

They seem to change product bottles and labelling just for the sake of it, or is there a money incentive for doing so.
My favourite laundry conditioner has now changed, the bottle is fatter, which makes it difficult to hold and the unscrew top not practical. This happens so often and it drives me nanas !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:09 AM

Re: Product Changes

I agree Patsy I find it very annoying too

I think it is called 'rebranding' and they do it in the hope that people think it is a new product and try will it .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:15 AM

Completely agree I am never sure they appreciate their loyal customers much like the reduced prices for new customers, and changing the formula for products, when I see new improved I generally stop buying the product because it is usually very much not new and definitely not improved.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
My favourite laundry conditioner has now changed, the bottle is fatter, which makes it difficult to hold and the unscrew top not practical.

Stop buying it Patsy and send a letter/email to their head office telling them why.
Some of these companies are run by idiots!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Completely agree I am never sure they appreciate their loyal customers much like the reduced prices for new customers, and changing the formula for products, when I see new improved I generally stop buying the product because it is usually very much not new and definitely not improved.
Yep - me heart sinks when I see that, improved - there was nothing wrong with the older version - that's why I bought it !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-10-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Stop buying it Patsy and send a letter/email to their head office telling them why.
Some of these companies are run by idiots!!
I love the product though - but I am going to leave them a message - perfectly constructed .......
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:59 AM

Have they also made the contents less but for the same price? A lot of products seem to be shrinking but still cost the same or more...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-10-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Have they also made the contents less but for the same price? A lot of products seem to be shrinking but still cost the same or more...
In this case no - but I would waste a lot trying to use the bloomin bottle, so its going to be a case of putting the new into my old bottle ........
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:02 AM

That's the worst of it Patsy when you really like a product and you don't want to change.

I find it annoying when they rebrand something and then you find it doesent quite smell the same or you just know it isn't the same but they don't tell you what they have done to it.

Marks and Spencer stopped doing the shampoo I used to like and I have noticed recently that they no longer do as many different choices of their shower gel and bubble bath.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
That's the worst of it Patsy when you really like a product and you don't want to change.

I find it annoying when they rebrand something and then you find it doesent quite smell the same or you just know it isn't the same but they don't tell you what they have done to it.

Marks and Spencer stopped doing the shampoo I used to like and I have noticed recently that they no longer do as many different choices of their shower gel and bubble bath.
Oh that's another one, stopping my favourites too.
I say to them why do this, when you were always selling out - its a mystery to me .........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top