Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 06:28 PM

Re: Fireworks !

I was wondering when the 'Ban the fireworks' cry would go up. They're on sale here for Halloween, but they have been less and less evident over the last few years. They don't trouble us.

Jem, I thought that fireworks were only available for organised displays in the North. Or is possible to get anything if you know where to go?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:01 PM

There were a few fireworks going off here last night but they didn't last more than 15 minutes, it's the ones that go on for hours into the night that I dislike...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:44 PM

My local supermarket has been selling them for a fortnight, not so popular as in the past so expensive and moneys tight.

Even the organized displays seem diminished, although at New Years Eve a very large display takes place in my city. Very few going off before Bonfire night round my way, i think i may attend an organized event this year been a long time since i have
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
They have going off all week end and again last night - I am sick of them but - more importantly, they are upsetting my cats ! Is it not time the damn things were restrict to bonfire night only ?

Couldn't agree more ST. Better still, for organised displays only, not for every tom,dick & harry to buy who haven't got a clue about safety.

They have a huge display every year in the park behind me, people come for miles to watch it and the bangs damn near rattle the windows. Not only that, my garden is full of spent fireworks next day and my car is covered in thick grey dust!
And don't start me on how it terrifies my dogs. . .
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Thankfully they haven't started here yet. My dog, Amber, doesn't seem to be too bothered by them but lots of animals are, wild ones as well as the pets. I am surprised that people can still afford to send money up in smoke like that but then they are probably the same people who still smoke tobacco.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 01:01 PM

I love seeing pretty fireworks, but keen really on bangers.
Re the pet thing, we haven't one , so not really a problem.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 01:02 PM

Mean"t NOT keen
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 05:25 PM

I only bought bangers when i was a nipper 1p each, cannons cost a threepenny bit, and of course lets not forget jumpy jacks. Our local council always held themed bonfire nights. One year we got to see effigies of the Beatles floated to the top of the Bonfire by a large Helium Balloon, Elf n safety would ave a fit these days.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 09:03 PM

Hate them with a passion!
Teenagers come out to our area in the boonies to set all kinds of fireworks off at all hours.
My poor puppies have a hell of a time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 09:48 AM

I managed to get off to sleep and then - 12 midnight off they go - couldn't get back to sleep, had to get up, went back 3.30am. They should be fined for using fireworks so late !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top