Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 09:44 AM

price matching

Just saw a TV as about Morrison now price matching Aldi and Lidl. Well well well, who'd have thought. I've always been a Morrison's shopper but they must be fee!ing the competition.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 09:51 AM

Re: price matching

Good news for Morrison shoppers.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 09:51 AM

There was a 4 page spread about this with the Daily Mirror this morning Alice.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 09:56 AM

What I don't get if they all price match each other we will end up with all supermarkets the same which is quite sad they will lose all individuality or worse become a cartel fixing prices so they can all make a profit !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 10:06 AM

I don't bother with price matching for groceries myself I think it is rather pointless .
Every store has its 'loss leaders' and higher or lower priced items . Unless you want to go to the trouble of pricing every item you buy, and driving around every store to make a comparison in order to find the cheapest I can't see what there is to gain by doing it.

I think the stores know this jolly well and just use 'price matching' to make us believe we are getting something we aren't.

I could probably buy some things for less than I pay in the shops I use but by the time I have burnt expensive petrol getting to the next town to look I will have lost any advantage.

It may be slightly different for those who live in towns and have lots of stores to choose from.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 10:12 AM

Couldn't agree more Meg and as personally we are always buying cheapest in whatever store we are in none of the price match promises apply anyway. They only apply normally to main brands not the everyday value or basic ranges.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Couldn't agree more Meg and as personally we are always buying cheapest in whatever store we are in none of the price match promises apply anyway. They only apply normally to main brands not the everyday value or basic ranges.
Having plenty of room here I stock up when things are on offer. I never pay full price for any cleaning products so price matching again is of little benefit to me on those items .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 10:18 AM

I'll still be a Morrison's shopper, with the occasional visit to Aldi.

Meg my partner lives in a village and always supports the local butcher. I have to admit his own sausages and burgers are delicious
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 01:03 PM

There’s nothing as enjoyable to the ordinary Joe Soap as watching a greed war between supermarkets, I vaguely remember there was one that went on here for a couple of years until the government had to step in to sort it out, I think a law was pasted about below cost selling, forget the details now, but it was good while it lasted.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Just saw a TV as about Morrison now price matching Aldi and Lidl. Well well well, who'd have thought. I've always been a Morrison's shopper but they must be fee!ing the competition.
yep, I've joined up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top