Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Re: price matching

I've been a Morrisons shopper for as long as the store has been here, and it was the first one in the south of England!! The store was originally a Co-op.

My whole shop can be ridiculously cheap. I nip into the nearby Sainsburys for a few bits and spend a small fortune. My nearest Asda is a few more miles away, as is the large Tesco. So Morrisons it is then.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 05:42 PM

I shop around 8pm as I know I'll get oodles of bargains, at Tesco it's bread, a Warburton's large loaf costs 1 penny, wholemeal loaves too! I fill up my freezer and they last me a couple of weeks, fruit and veg is almost given away too, again I buy loads and can make tasty meals from the veggies, stir fry dishes particularly, I love one pan cooking
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:41 PM

We had a Morrison"s open up a few months back and have noticed that ICELAND are now slashing their prices.
All good for the consumer I say, bring it on.

comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

28-10-2014, 02:20 PM

Tesco is my supermarket of choice, I certainly wouldn't shop at Aldi or Lidl, YUCK!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
Tesco is my supermarket of choice, I certainly wouldn't shop at Aldi or Lidl, YUCK!
You don"t know what bargains you missing then .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
You don"t know what bargains you missing then .
They are only bargains if you normally buy those items and the shops are close enough. Would cost a lot to get to either of them from here and they don't have the items I tend to buy.

I doubt they can beat Tesco value brand prices anyway.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-10-2014, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They are only bargains if you normally buy those items and the shops are close enough. Would cost a lot to get to either of them from here and they don't have the items I tend to buy.

I doubt they can beat Tesco value brand prices anyway.
Well they sell all we need to buy, and are a 5min. drive, ^and^ are very good quality.
The cleaning products are second to none IMO.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 07:59 PM

Oh my goodness. I went shopping to Morrisons earlier. The difference in prices are unbelievable. They've halved some of the prices. At the checkout though, I couldn't help but wonder if the staff would all have jobs in the future. Hope it all works out for them.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:12 PM

We have had our temporary one for a couple of weeks now, got over a thousand points on already, just waiting for our plastic card to come.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top