Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 12:52 PM

Where did you live as a child?

I lived in North West London from birth for 18 years till I got married.
Then I moved to Northampton out in the sticks.
Had some happy times in London in my teenage years, though when I was small the war was on and we were bombed all around us.
I lived there with my parents, twin sister and two older sisters and one brother. My other sisters were married and had moved away.
I still have a soft spot for London though Kilburn has slightly changed but the block of flats where I lived hasn't altered at all accept that it is now warden assisted flats.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 12:56 PM

Re: Where did you live as a child?

Hello Maureen I hope you don't mind if I point out we only use bold text for the occasional word on the forums rather than the whole post. Please see the note by Admin ....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=4712

your understanding would be appreciated

Thank you.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

27-10-2014, 12:58 PM

I lived on a small island, a crown dependency.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 01:02 PM

Very short walk from here, if the trees weren't there I could see it from my living room window.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:03 PM

I was born smack in the centre of Dublin and have lived in Dublin all my life, though not in the original place. I'm a townie through and through but I do love the Countryside and especially it's people.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 02:13 PM

I live in the biggest town in Scotland and have always lived here. Can't see me moving anywhere else. I'm very proud of my town.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Where did you live as a child well
we were very poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."
'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.
House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!
You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!
Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.
Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.
We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!
You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.
MP: Cardboard box?
TG: Aye.

I am from Yorkshire

edit

p.s. Jem, you made me laugh as Maureen is the poster and I just said that I was from Yorkshire Maureen. My name is Sandy. So it gets very confusion Made me laugh anyway.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:10 PM

Jaysus Maureen, no one can say you had it easy.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Shades of Monty Python ! You were lucky !
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 03:21 PM

I was born and brought up in Hull and lived quite happily until I married at the ripe old age of 38.

We have lived in a couple of places since but have settled at the moment in the Midlands.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top