Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 01:31 AM

A serious crime

Do any of you remember me telling you about my car that got smashed up in my own front garden last February? The driver of the other car left the road because he was drunk and on drugs if you recall.
Well, tonight I was told something really alarming. There was a stabbing down in the town last weekend, and a man died as a result. Turns out the murderer was the same bloke who smashed my car up - the bloke the cops told me they had put away for 15 months (just 8 months ago).
It seems yet another case of law breakers never serving the full sentence given. Maybe the poor man who died would still be alive if the murderer was still in jail as he should have been.
I find this quite frightening.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:15 AM

Re: A serious crime

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do any of you remember me telling you about my car that got smashed up in my own front garden last February? The driver of the other car left the road because he was drunk and on drugs if you recall.
Well, tonight I was told something really alarming. There was a stabbing down in the town last weekend, and a man died as a result. Turns out the murderer was the same bloke who smashed my car up - the bloke the cops told me they had put away for 15 months (just 8 months ago).
It seems yet another case of law breakers never serving the full sentence given. Maybe the poor man who died would still be alive if the murderer was still in jail as he should have been.
Mups, that is scary and absolutely disgusting.
I do remember your thread about your car. That man should not have been free and walking the streets again. As you say, a life would not have been lost if he were still in gaol. Given that the police know it was him that did the murder I would hope that he is now back in gaol, as he deserves, and will be there for a very long time!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:43 AM

Mixture of emotions sad, angry, scary etc but mostly very glad it was only your car he damaged and not you Mups ! sounds like a madman !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 09:49 AM

That's horrible Mups my first thought as Julie says is at least only your car was damaged.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 10:04 AM

I can imagine how upsetting this must be for you Mups and I agree, the criminal justice system has a lot to answer for...
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

28-10-2014, 10:15 AM

I don't see the point of giving a person a sentence and them only serving part of it!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 10:16 AM

Shame Mups. Definitely remember your story and what a shame that
some poor guy has had to lose his life because of this scum.
Lets hope the next time he is in court that he get the full length of
his sentence. Sounds as though he is definitely someone who needs
locking up. For a long time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 10:18 AM

That's shocking Mups I hope he gets the sentence he deserves and they stick to it this time ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
I don't see the point of giving a person a sentence and them only serving part of it!
So agree with that, a guy was put away for a short period in an open prison - he walked out of there a couple of days ago ! They are now looking for him. He stabbed two pensioners to mug them
Why give a sentence and then serve just half of that ! Especially in open prisons
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Think you should say "the suspect"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top