Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:00 PM

Re: Are you sexist?

I suppose I am, in that I associate certain character traits to men but it is in jest!
And I don't really think ALL men are the same either..

Gawd Annie I'm worried now!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:07 PM

Surely it's like comparing Beethoven to the Beatles Annie...
Both men and women have strengths and weaknesses, but we are different and those differences should be applauded and not put into competition....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:12 PM

Women go first to clear the way
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:15 PM

I hope I'm not, but I probably am
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes, but then I was taught 'good manners' in my youth, so that Ladies precede me in the queue getting on or off the bus, I stand and hold doors open for ladies to precede me in or out of buildings, I hold ladies coats to help them on or off with the garment, I stand up (no longer an easy task for me) when ladies in my company arrive or leave the table we are sitting at.
I like you UJ, I thought there were no chivalrous men left.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:16 PM

Having 3 daughters I’d say if you asked friends they’d say I’m protectionist but that’s what dads are for ...
but then I look around and see there are more females on this planet than just my 3 aliens and like everyone I imagine I’ve met and worked with a fair few in what many would consider doing ‘ a mans job’ and doing it darn well ... and at the other end of the scale I’ve met women who I presume need help to get dressed in the mornings but those observations could equally apply to men in women’s traditional rolls ... where I get a little annoyed with gender equality is if I’m laying in bed tonight and the house bursts into flames I want the biggest bloody fireman in the world to come up his ladder , flick me over his shoulder and carry me to safety ... not some size 6 supermodel that looks great on an equality poster .... horses for courses and all that , but bottom line whilst I wouldn’t admit to being sexist I guess I’m a little old fashioned in that women still are the fairer sex , I’d like to think they are the prettier nicer side of humanity , the home maker , the nurturer , however they still can’t reverse park and so leave those jobs to us guys
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Having 3 daughters I’d say if you asked friends they’d say I’m protectionist but that’s what dads are for ...
but then I look around and see there are more females on this planet than just my 3 aliens and like everyone I imagine I’ve met and worked with a fair few in what many would consider doing ‘ a mans job’ and doing it darn well ... and at the other end of the scale I’ve met women who I presume need help to get dressed in the mornings but those observations could equally apply to men in women’s traditional rolls ... where I get a little annoyed with gender equality is if I’m laying in bed tonight and the house bursts into flames I want the biggest bloody fireman in the world to come up his ladder , flick me over his shoulder and carry me to safety ... not some size 6 supermodel that looks great on an equality poster .... horses for courses and all that , but bottom line whilst I wouldn’t admit to being sexist I guess I’m a little old fashioned in that women still are the fairer sex , I’d like to think they are the prettier nicer side of humanity , the home maker , the nurturer , however they still can’t reverse park and so leave those jobs to us guys
Ha!
I loved that!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

14-02-2019, 10:21 PM

I can reverse park the arse off most men I know!

ETA
Ok yes... I do have a reverse camera!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was curious, given that there are several generations posting here. Do you consider yourself open minded and an equal when dealing with the opposite sex or do you feel that they are not to be taken seriously? The question applies to both men and women of course!
Interesting question.
In my field, electrical engineering, there were no females. Zero. Could there have been? Were they not attracted to the profession? Was it a matter of social conditioning?

Both my daughters are in technical roles. Was I an influence?

IDK
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I can reverse park the arse off most men I know!

ETA
Ok yes... I do have a reverse camera!
I can reverse park the arse off anyone male or female, and i don't have poncey girlie bleeps and pictures either!!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top